Higgins & Magnum on 'Family Guy' (again)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Higgins & Magnum on 'Family Guy' (again)

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

I was flipping channels last night and landed on Family Guy. They were spoofing Stephen King's Misery, so I watched. One minute into it and I suddenly see Higgins and Magnum.... in the study! LOL! I couldn't believe it! Higgins says to Magnum, "I found a fingerprint smudge at the crime scene. Do you have poo on your hands?" Magnum looks at his hand and says, "A little." WTH?? :?

You can watch the clip here for free.

This is the second time Higgins and Magnum have made a "cameo" on the show. Someone on the show must like Magnum P.I.. Either that, or they hate it! I can't quite tell! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#2 Post by Italian Ice »

Actually James, this is the THIRD time.

In the Episode "Da Boom" the Y2K episode. Lois talks about how much food has been wasted in this house. Then it shifts over to Peter feeding a can of beans to TM on the television "open up Tom Selleck". Then the screen switches to Higgins. 'Hey, not you Higgins, you've had yours. Shame on you, trying to steal Tom Selleck's food, no, no." This is apparently the creators favorite scene of all time and I laughed my head off at this one.

In the episode "Stuck Together, Torn Apart". This is the one where TM slaps Higgins, knocking him over and says "whats your name? Higgins replies, "Tatu"! I posted this one on the forum awhile back.

This one! Also throughout the episode, the screen freezes and you see "Executive Producer: Donald P. Bellisario" on it. LOL. I don't understand this one, but this show makes fun of the retro stuff.

You have to get all 3 of these somewhere and put them on here..

Also, they've parodied MPI on Robot Chicken in Season 4. The episode is called "In a DVD Factory." However I haven't seen it yet. Gotta love shows that make fun of all the stuff we grew up.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by Jeffrey »

Nice! Would like to watch the clip, but since I'm from the Netherlands, I cannot watch it :(

Once I was trying to make a small cartoon feature, but that would have taken a lot of time.

TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I can't see it either. Maybe it's available on youtube?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#5 Post by Doc Ibold »

James, if Family Guy parodies you without being COMPLETELY offensive... they like it.

My take is that they like Magnum PI

Italian Ice

#6 Post by Italian Ice »

I'm telling all of you, if you haven't see the scene from "Da Boom" on Family Guy, it's hilarious. You don't hear any dialogue, but that scene is funny.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#7 Post by J.J. Walters »

Italian Ice wrote:Actually James, this is the THIRD time.

In the Episode "Da Boom" the Y2K episode. Lois talks about how much food has been wasted in this house. Then it shifts over to Peter feeding a can of beans to TM on the television "open up Tom Selleck". Then the screen switches to Higgins. 'Hey, not you Higgins, you've had yours. Shame on you, trying to steal Tom Selleck's food, no, no." This is apparently the creators favorite scene of all time and I laughed my head off at this one.
Ah, thanks Italian Ice! I didn't know about the "Da Boom" episode. I just watched it. It's pretty darn funny. "Not you Higgins, you've had yours." LOL! The Peter vs. The Chicken Mascot fight had me rollin', too!

I'm not a huge Family Guy fan, but man they sure do have their moments! Some truly great ones. The show is just a little to, what's the word, "manic" for me. It's all over the map, a little too fast-paced for my liking. I'm much more of a Simpsons kind of guy. ;)

Italian Ice

#8 Post by Italian Ice »

And here they are!!

Tattoo!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur_RFlk8 ... re=related

None for you Higgins!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlsyNmSB ... re=related

Poo (Not sure of this one, I guess you have to watch the episode it came from...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EPbvm42 ... re=related

Dervish
Rear Admiral

#9 Post by Dervish »

Thanks, Italian Ice!

At the end of the poo one, I laughed all the more when they showed the closing credit "Donald P. Bellisario" in the classic font.

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Italian Ice wrote:Actually James, this is the THIRD time.

In the episode "Stuck Together, Torn Apart". This is the one where TM slaps Higgins, knocking him over and says "whats your name? Higgins replies, "Tatu"! I posted this one on the forum awhile back.

This one! Also throughout the episode, the screen freezes and you see "Executive Producer: Donald P. Bellisario" on it. LOL. I don't understand this one, but this show makes fun of the retro stuff.

You have to get all 3 of these somewhere and put them on here..

Also, they've parodied MPI on Robot Chicken in Season 4. The episode is called "In a DVD Factory." However I haven't seen it yet. Gotta love shows that make fun of all the stuff we grew up.
Darn, beat me too it - I was gonna show off my 'Family Guy' knowledge! :lol:

I didn't used to like FG, having the opinion that it was just a crude 'Simpsons' knock-off - until I caught the episode, 'Brian Goes to College', where Peter and co. 'become' 'The A-Team'. That was enough to get me watching a couple more episodes, and before I knew it, I was buying the DVDs, recording all new episodes, buying books / calendars ,etc.... I'm officially hooked!

I love it when they spoof things close to my heart - but for some reason, while I normally like my comedy varied and often dark, I found the spoof in 'Stuck Together, Torn Apart' a little dark and creepy feeling for my tastes; Maybe I just care about Magnum and Higgins too much!
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

MrMoustache
Commander

#11 Post by MrMoustache »

Italian Ice wrote:And here they are!!

I found no humor in the tattoo one.. that's the #1 thing i can't stand about family guy.. unfunny cutaways. higgins looks like mac actually in "none for higgins".

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

Discovered yet another Magnum P.I. reference on Family Guy. This makes 5 or 6 now, I believe. In Season Seven's "Love Blactually", there's this little scene...

[Peter, Quagmire, Cleveland and Joe are standing by. Joe is dressed as Mark Spitz]
Cleveland Brown: That's a great costume, Joe. Are you FDR?
Joe Swanson: No, I'm Olympic Swimmer, Mark Spitz.
Glenn Quagmire: Oh you mean like if he dove into the shallow end?
Joe Swanson: No. Regular Mark Spitz.
Peter Griffin: Wait! Are you Stephen Hawking at the beach?
Joe Swanson: No, I'm Mark Spitz! He won 7 Gold Medals!!
Cleveland Brown: Oh I get it, you're crippled Magnum P.I.
Joe Swanson: I'm!... Fine, I'm crippled Magnum P.I.