Magnum PI connection in the movie "An Innocent Man"

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

Magnum PI connection in the movie "An Innocent Man"

#1 Post by SelleckLover »

I was watching the movie "An Innocent Man" yesterday, and found a Magnum connection in it.
After the wrongful conviction of TS's character, James Rainwood, his wife Kate starts writing letters to the media and a court Justice. The name she types on the envelope is "Justice Edward L. Bentley". He was the make-up man for Magnum PI, although he is credited as "Lon Bentley" on the Magnum credits, I have seen him credited as "Edward Lon Bentley" also in other TS movies.
Just thought I'd share! :D

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#2 Post by Shermy »

I always thought this was one of TS' better films, although it didn't do very well at the box office. There were a lot of prison films released around 89/90, so it may have just gotten lost in the shuffle.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#3 Post by SelleckLover »

I agree with you Shermy. TS does some of his best acting in this movie. On Planet SelleckLover, it was a smash hit.....LOL :D

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#4 Post by Shermy »

SelleckLover wrote:On Planet SelleckLover, it was a smash hit.
Here in Shermyville, we were thrilled by such classics as: Runaway 2: Another Runaway, Runaway 3: Runaway Further, and Runaway 4: The Revenge. :lol:

eeyore
Admiral

#5 Post by eeyore »

If youlisten really closely in one of the prisonyard scenes one of the prisoners yells, "Hey , It's Mag!!"

eeyore
Admiral

#6 Post by eeyore »

If youlisten really closely in one of the prisonyard scenes one of the prisoners yells, "Hey , It's Mag!!"

308GTS
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by 308GTS »

Yep, it's a good film. I also liked Her Alibi with the gorgeous Paulina Poritzkova or whatever her name was.
Arun
------

"The only thing that's going to touch you is a 10ft pole"