Revell TC's Vanogan and Chopper

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Jaybird
Admiral

Revell TC's Vanogan and Chopper

#1 Post by Jaybird »

Just noticed on eBay, ending in about 4 hours. The VW is @$36 and the Hughes @ $20. The last VW fetched $150. I am not bidding as my wife would be VERY unhappy!!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I don't think that would go over too well in my house either. I think I probably get away with enough buying my cigars.

Jaybird
Admiral

#3 Post by Jaybird »

I snagged the chopper for $19 in an unopened box a few months ago. So far it is the best investment I have made this year. I keep reminding my wife of this.
I have an easier time with cigars. She never looks inside the humidor to take a tally.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#4 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I think when she she my three humidors full of them she know I spend too much. I like to keep them at capacity though. Nineteen isn't a bad price for the chopper. I'd like to find a model of the chopper and the 308 that I could assemble myself. I may have to end up checking Ebay in the near future to see if I have any luck.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#5 Post by N1095A »

I've built hundreds of plastic models, http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/TX23_MCB/ and I'm offering my $0.02 on the Revell "T.C.'s chopper" model kit.
I've posted regarding the chopper, but I'll do it again to inform anyone who is looking to purchase one.
While there is a nice picture on the box of TC's chopper, and it is moulded in metallic brown, that's where the similarities end. The model in the kit is actually a Hughes OH-6 Little Bird that has been adapted. It has low skids, small windows in the rear doors, Y tail, and 4 bladed rotor. If you're looking to build a good replica of TC's chopper there are other kits on Ebay that are far better. Just purchase any Hughes 500-D kit, and do the paint job. If you are a collector and plan to keep the model in the box unbuilt, then the revell TC's chopper would be a good buy. If you want a display model this isn't a good kit.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#6 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Thanks for the advice Mike. I hope to be able to get around to this sometime. Maybe it could be a spring project for me.