Tom Selleck

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Katleen26
Unsubscribed

Tom Selleck

#1 Post by Katleen26 »

Hello,

I wondered me why Tom Selleck doesn't produced himself the magnum's movie ? I mean he could call his buddies L.Manetti, R.Mosley and J. Hillerman and why not the others actors if they are agree with him for to make the movie ? What thought you ?

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#2 Post by N1095A »

It's simple. he doesn't own the rights. Magnum is still the property of Universal.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

It would be nice if that happened, but those darn rights issues screw everything up! BTW, Welcome to the site!

Katleen26
Unsubscribed

#4 Post by Katleen26 »

Hello,

Thank you for your answers.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MACattack »

It's the same as Paul McCartney not owning the rights to the Beatles songs he wrote!

Oh well, at least Tom Selleck is executive producer of the JESSE STONE Tv movies.

Hopefully someday Universal will realize that MPI would have never made it past the first season without TOM!

Tom, Larry, and Roger got to be in the movie if its ever made! If Hillerman isn't available, Universal could hire Paul Giamatti (No disrespect to Hillerman!) Giamatti is an adequate actor, and when he starred in "The Illusionist" he looked A LOT like Jonathan Quayle Higgins! Question is, would he be able to pull off the 'accent'?

I don't mean any disrespect to Higgy-Baby or his fans, just posing a theory.
I'm loyal to Selleck, but I always liked the fact that Magnum had his foil! There's a price to living in paradise!!!
I just don't give a damn!

Katleen26
Unsubscribed

#6 Post by Katleen26 »

Hello,

Supposing that we made a petition with all the fans of the show gathered
wherever in the world and supposing that we send it to the President of
Universal studio, maybe Tom Selleck and his buddies could get the right to make the movie !

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

MACattack wrote:If Hillerman isn't available, Universal could hire Paul Giamatti (No disrespect to Hillerman!) Giamatti is an adequate actor, and when he starred in "The Illusionist" he looked A LOT like Jonathan Quayle Higgins! Question is, would he be able to pull off the 'accent'?
If Hillerman was unavailable, I'd prefer that they wrote Higgins' absence into the plot. Personally I don't think I would be able to accept someone else playing such a key role.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#8 Post by N1095A »

Jay-Firestorm wrote: If Hillerman was unavailable, I'd prefer that they wrote Higgins' absence into the plot. Personally I don't think I would be able to accept someone else playing such a key role.
Ditto
"But Higgins, I can explain."

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by MACattack »

Hey Katleen26, if you're serious about that project, contact me at
Jasonfclark@Gmail.com.

Lets get something going! I've always been obsessed with MPI and the Magnaverse! That show has shaped alot of aspects of my life. I still don't have a ferrari, but I get on a plane to Hawai'i whenever I can!
Tom Selleck is on my list of the top 10 best actors of all time. I can't decide if he or Sean Connery is number one! Hell, they're both excellent. John Hillerman rocks too! Hopefully he can come out of retirement one more time to please the fans!

Katleen26
Unsubscribed

#10 Post by Katleen26 »

Hi,

Sorry if I did not answer, but I have not a lot of time at the moment. Thus naturally that I am serious about the petition. Only, I do not know how much it would be necessary of signature to convince the direction of Universal Studio.
If somebody has ideas, why not make them share on this forum!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#11 Post by SelleckLover »

We already tried hard and pursued this and got nowhere (I can't find all the posts.)

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#12 Post by Doc Ibold »

SelleckLover wrote:We already tried hard and pursued this and got nowhere (I can't find all the posts.)
And we're pretty dogged too.

:lol:

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by MACattack »

Oh well..... I'll just wait.