Magnum Theme playing in Berlin Dep't Store:

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Higgy Baby
Lieutenant

Magnum Theme playing in Berlin Dep't Store:

#1 Post by Higgy Baby »

Just returned from vacation (Berlin) and wanted to report that while shopping in a department store (KaDeWe), all of a sudden the Magnum, P.I. theme (second, more popular version) starts blaring over the loud speaker.

At first, I didn't know where the music was coming from. I thought it was part of a video game, or someone was getting a demo of a new high end flat screen - but everywhere I looked, each corner I turned, the music was playing at the same audible level, and the video game had nothing to do w/ MPI. It had to be coming from the overhead speakers!

I don't know what music was playing before it, nor after it. It was department store music, you know? The kind of stuff you aren't supposed to notice. But in between, louder and more bombastic than what preceeded or followed, was the glorious theme of MPI.

This was especially fitting, because I was in the department store in the first place looking for, among other things, a voltage converter (the one I brought had the correct prongs/voltage, but didn't fit the circular sockets). I desperately needed a voltage converter to recharge my portable DVD player, so I could play our MPI DVDs on the flight home!
"A lesson lads, cheap whiskey in this heat can rot the brain"

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Excellent. Sounds like a place worth frequenting.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

How cool. You should have started to act out the scenes from the title sequence in the store; strike a karate pose, inspect an object, jump-n-roll over something, twitch your eyebrows at somebody. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#4 Post by Doc Ibold »

Or get two buddies and start digging in the kitchenware department.