Attn. MPI collectors, Major artifact!!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#61 Post by N1095A »

POST DELETED BY AUTHOR
Last edited by N1095A on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Magnum P.I.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#62 Post by Magnum P.I. »

Hi, luck you got it :-)

hendrix
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#63 Post by hendrix »

No Its Not Foam it is Cloth with the Patch work on the front and Plastic weave on the back like a Truckers Cap. Yeah I am really lucky to come by these pieces as Rare as Magnum Stuff is I had to go the Extra Mile and get them even though they where a little pricey I have been offered more for them already! When I Bid on the Cammo Cap didn't even know it was worn by Tom till I did some Homework. Then I was like WOW! They are in Pretty Nice Shape the seller didnt do them any Justice Trust me I gave them a little TLC and now they Look Great. Keep in mind they are almost 30 Years Old and for that Age I think they look Fantastic!

Anyone have any more pics of the Tiger Cap on the Hat rack or Episodes so I can check it out. I am Pretty sure from what I have been Told it was the Only One Used on the show. There where no other Orange D-Caps. Any help would be Great!

hendrix
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#64 Post by hendrix »

Yeah Magnum Pi Luck! The seller gave me a Pretty Fishy Story about wanting the Cammo Hat for his Dad and I did some Homework and saw it was Worn in One Last Summer and then I was like No Way it's Mine! I figured someone offered him a Bit More Cash and he was trying to get out of the deal. Which is Not Cool at All! But I may have done the Same :lol:

N1095A

#65 Post by N1095A »

POST DELETED BY AUTHOR
Last edited by N1095A on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hendrix
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#66 Post by hendrix »

Cool it is a Special Piece! Do you have anything on the Orange Detroit Cap? I think it was seen on the hat rack in Blind Justice (5.7).. Thanks for all the Help.

N1095A

#67 Post by N1095A »

POST DELETED BY AUTHOR
Last edited by N1095A on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#68 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I'm also wondering how often the Tigers actually wore this hat. I know their alternate hat is usually an orange "D" with no boarder. They have some of the nicest looking uniforms in the majors if you ask me.

hendrix
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#69 Post by hendrix »

The think the 80's Orange D- Cap did have the White Boards but they changed it to the one you now so without the white. I maybe wrong.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#70 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

You are probably right. I do love the hat with the orange "D" though. My Cubbies have nice unis, but the Tigers are still may favorites. The Padres have some of the worst!

N1095A

#71 Post by N1095A »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote: The Tigers have some of the nicest looking uniforms in the majors if you ask me.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#72 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Mike, if memory serves me correctly I believe TS had an at bat in a Tigers spring game one year. I think he fouled off several pitches before finally striking out. I also think I remember Mickey Mantle saying TS ccould've been a major league baseball player had he chosen that path.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by only looking »

Hendrix, welcome to the board. I know you're new here, but it's nice knowing that a forum member owns those hats. :D Post more photos of those hats and your other Magnum pi collectibles.We all here love a little show and tell. It's not every day when you can get so close and detail photos of ACTUAL USED PROPS!!! WOW
It made me do it Higgins!!!

N1095A

#74 Post by N1095A »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:Mike, if memory serves me correctly I believe TS had an at bat in a Tigers spring game one year. I think he fouled off several pitches before finally striking out. I also think I remember Mickey Mantle saying TS ccould've been a major league baseball player had he chosen that path.
I remember TS in an interview saying that he once wanted to be a professional baseball player. I believe this is where TM's love of baseball, and the Detroit Tigers came from. This photo is claimed to be from "Mr. Baseball", but I'm not sure if it is or from TS's day with the Tigers. Either way, it's a cool photo. The cap is also said to be one of the ones he wore on MPI. Again, I don't know if any of it is true. I freely admit I was never a baseball fan until MPI, in spite of the fact that my dad played almost every weekend in a local league from the late 1940s through the late 1960s, and was by all accounts very good. I regret that I never saw him play. I heard many stories, accounts of how good he was considered to be. I still have his bat and glove, and they are among my most prized posessions. While I can't stand to watch [any] sports on TV, I love going to baseball games. Going to a game makes me think of simpler times. Believe it or not, I've never seen "Mr. Baseball".
Last edited by N1095A on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#75 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Mike, Great story about your dad! I'm sure you treasure those possesions like no other.

I like to watch baseball on tv, but I agree that it takes on a whole different feel when at the stadium. I wish I had been able to see a game in old Tiger Stadium, but being a Cubs fan at least I have been to Wrigley!