Quantum Leap Crossover Episode

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

eegorr
Vice Admiral

Quantum Leap Crossover Episode

#1 Post by eegorr »

I was just browsing the wikipedia page for MPI and ran across this in the trivia section:

"It was originally intended for there to be an episode of the science fiction program Quantum Leap where Scott Bakula's character, Sam Beckett, leaps into the body of Thomas Magnum. The episode would depict Beckett stumbling through a day-in-the-life of Magnum, P.I., and presumably interacting with the varied series regulars. Both Magnum P.I. and Quantum Leap were produced by Donald P. Bellisario. Plans for a Magnum, P.I. movie led to the early demise of the crossover, but some footage was filmed; namely, the end-of-episode “jumping in” scene, in which Beckett jumps into Magnum’s body, turns to the camera, and raises his eyebrows the same way Selleck made famous."

This is the first I had heard about it, but it would have been awesome! It would even be cool to see the footage that they filmed for it. :wink:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

As a big QL fan and a big MPI fan, I love this idea. Done right, with a good script, it could have been a fantastic episode. Probably more funny than anything else. I can just picture those Bakula/Higgins scenes now! With Bellisario at the helm for both shows, I'm still really surprised this one never got off the ground.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!