Signed Crew Jacket - For Sale

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#16 Post by golfmobile »

Englishmagnum,

You're the best! Thank you so much! Can I offer you a small consolation gift? When I was on Oahu in September, I picked up some pieces of coral in the tidal pool. I would be more than happy to send you a piece. But, wait, you wrote that you'll be going there in person soon, so maybe that's not such a treat after all . . . . Well, please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

I gratefully accept your offer -- if James lets us know if the jacket is still available to us. And if James agrees to the deal.

It certainly is rewarding to see how gracious MPI fans are, isn't it? The show certainly seems to find the best people -- and I'm so glad so many of them have also found this wonderful forum!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Englishmagnum
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#17 Post by Englishmagnum »

No problem Golf , hope its still for sale and you end up getting it. As for the coral I already did a similar thing when was last there and will be back there in a couple of months but thanks anyway. Just glad to find this forum.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#18 Post by J.J. Walters »

I sent him the email. Hopefully I'll hear back soon. Somehow I doubt the jacket is still for sale as its been 9 months since the original post, but you never know.

Englishmagnum, Man United or Man City? ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#19 Post by golfmobile »

Oh, heck! I didn't even notice the date. I don't remember the post from last February and thought it was a new post. I probably couldn't have talked Larry into it last February -- he has become more tolerant of my obsession since we went to Oahu and visited the estate -- so . . . . . you're probably right and he has already sold it.

And, to be fair, based on this information, Englandmagnum revived an old post, and for his paying attention, he should get the jacket, if it is still available. Just trying to be equitable and deal with the current facts.

So if it is still available, EM should get this one. He earned it by paying attention.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#20 Post by J.J. Walters »

Sorry guys, the jacket has been "sold to a collector".
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Englishmagnum
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#21 Post by Englishmagnum »

damn it the jacket is sold ah well at least I met a nice magnum fan named Golf and James of course.

Great site get feeling will be posting quite a bit in the future.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#22 Post by golfmobile »

EM,

Yes, indeed, it was a delight to "meet" you and share our passion for MPI shown by both of us wanting this jacket at the same time. I confess my desire for it was enhanced by having actually met a crew member while in Hawaii last September (see the "MGI Has Died and Gone to Heaven Thread" -- this is an additional, follow-up post -- More MGI (blog that includes the descriptions and links to the "treasures").

These jackets do come up on eBay occasionally, but usually they are listed at an initially higher price. But once James pointed out the "age" of this post, I had a feeling the jacket was long gone. Ah, well, maybe someone else will offer James another one and we can "fight" over it too! :) -- though you may win that time. I have a feeling my spouse won't be as generous next time one comes up (that happened at this particular time of the year because when we made the deal, "Let's skip presents for each other this year," he actually DID skip and didn't give me a present!)

golf
"Portside, buddy."