Parrots in MPI Episodes

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

eegorr
Vice Admiral

Parrots in MPI Episodes

#1 Post by eegorr »

My wife and I have two small parrots, so I get a kick out of seeing them when they appear on the show. Not our parrots, but, well... you know what I mean!

I know I have seen parrots in several episodes, but the only ones I can think of are "China Doll" and, obviously, "Birdman of Budapest". I'm pretty sure I remember another episode which showed a parrot in the jungle in Vietnam as well. Does anyone else remember specific episodes in which a parrot appeared?

The parrots I remember seeing in MPI episodes are either Scarlet Macaws or Green-winged Macaws, both of which are large, mostly red parrots. Like most parrots, the colorful ones, anyway, they are native to South America. Are there parrots that are native to Hawaii?

Lastly, does anyone know if these parrots (or parrot) were the pet(s) of someone on the show, either cast or crew?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

I believe there is a brief shot of a parrot at the beginning of Two Birds of a Feather, when Magnum is in the jungles of Cambodia.

I don't believe Hawaii has any native parrots. They are all non-native and invasive, if I recall correctly - The Bulbul, red and green-parrots, probably others.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!