Oahu MPI MaP

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

n.magnum
Lieutenant

#31 Post by n.magnum »

Its funny! I was surprised that the Makai pier (Island Hoppers) was 5 mins down the road from the Anderson estate. Also the Elks club and the Outriggers canoe club are side by side. I guess it is a small island Lol! On a side note I snuck into Outriggers and went on the beach volleyball courts (Legacy of a friend Season.3) and got pics.

Oh just to let everyone know there was a Magnum display at the Hard Rock Cafe out here but all thats left is his Tigers hat because some one stole his Hawaiian shirt from the glass case. They had it in a dumb place. Right in the middle between the restrooms. Planet Hollywood had nothing Magnum. Did have Selleck's baseball uniform from Mr. Baseball and his hand prints on the wall downstairs

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#32 Post by golfmobile »

n.magnum,

Thanks for posting again! It's so delightful to hear from someone who is really there. Hopefully I can do the same next week when we're there.

Where are you staying? We're planning on staying in Kailua or Waimanalo so we'll be on that side of the island, away from all the crowds around Waikiki. I'm still negotiating to stay at that house right on the beach like the Anderson Estate that is about 15 houses southeast of Robin's Nest (rubberchicken found it on GE for me), but the owners have dropped their per-night price from $495 to $325, which is still WAY out of our range. Therefore, I doubt we will be staying there. But it sure would be nice . . . . Here is its location vis a vis Robin's Nest:

However, we'll probably end up in somebody's guesthouse in their backyard, looking more like the current condition of Magnum's digs than the guesthouse looked (thanks to studio interiors and strategically shot exterior scenes) in the show!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

n.magnum
Lieutenant

#33 Post by n.magnum »

Hi Golfmobile! Just to let you know the Anderson estate is not far away from Waikiki. I am staying at the Waikiki Gateway hotel. My friend and I rented mopeds and we go everywhere with them. We snuck into the Kahala Resort and got a pic of that Magnum plaque for the King Kamehameha club. There were Dolphins in the pool! There was also a long hallway with pictures of all the celebrities that have been there. Basically everyone! LOl! Selleck was there in 2000. Waialae Beach Park is one block away too! If you go to Planet hollywood Selleck has his hand prints there behind a machine right before the escalators.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#34 Post by golfmobile »

n.magnum,

Are you still there on Oahu? How much longer will you be there?

We'll be flying in (we hope!) late Tuesday night and will be staying at the Celebrity Resorts Waikiki for one night before heading out to Waimanalo or Kailua (depending on what acccomodations we have inquired about are still available when we get there -- we have about six that we could live with so surely one of those will still be open). Looks like the CRW is about 8 blocks from where you are at the Gateway. Any chance you are still going to be there and you can show us some of the MPI sites you've already located?

I can't WAIT to get there. I've been packing for days, already, planning how to pack this . . .and that . . . unpacking this and re-arranging that.

Yeah, I'm going to be really efficient at work Monday . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#35 Post by golfmobile »

n.magnum,

Are you still there on Oahu? How much longer will you be there?

We'll be flying in (we hope!) late Tuesday night and will be staying at the Celebrity Resorts Waikiki for one night before heading out to Waimanalo or Kailua (depending on what acccomodations we have inquired about are still available when we get there -- we have about six that we could live with so surely one of those will still be open). Looks like the CRW is about 8 blocks from where you are at the Gateway. Any chance you are still going to be there and you can show us some of the MPI sites you've already located?

I can't WAIT to get there. I've been packing for days, already, planning how to pack this . . .and that . . . unpacking this and re-arranging that.

Yeah, I'm going to be really efficient at work Monday . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

n.magnum
Lieutenant

#36 Post by n.magnum »

Sorry Golfmobile I leave tomorrow. Man! That would have been fun having another Magnum fan with me! I have to fly right now but I will write you tomorrow. By the way I snuck onto the Anderson estate and got a few shots and one video clip!!! I didn't want to push it cuz there was people working on the property LOL! So I got out of there before anyone spotted me. My friend is a Private Investigator as well so we take stupid chances lol!

Tralfaz
Admiral

#37 Post by Tralfaz »

n.magnum wrote:Sorry Golfmobile I leave tomorrow. Man! That would have been fun having another Magnum fan with me! I have to fly right now but I will write you tomorrow. By the way I snuck onto the Anderson estate and got a few shots and one video clip!!! I didn't want to push it cuz there was people working on the property LOL! So I got out of there before anyone spotted me. My friend is a Private Investigator as well so we take stupid chances lol!

I really hope this is not true.
"..outasight!.." - Tyler Peabody McKinney

n.magnum
Lieutenant

#38 Post by n.magnum »

To Tralfaz and anyone else on here that I might have offended. It wasn't right sneaking to get a picture and I didn't mean any harm in doing it. I was there, curious and I have been watching the show since I was a kid.I wanted to take a better look because there are too many trees to get a good picture. I was not trying to offend anyone. Disturb the owners or vandalize. I was really excited at the time, to be there. It was a stupid move....just got caught up in the moment. Besides if I were the owners I would be pissed too! Plus it is illegal. It was a mistake. Even when I left the last blog I was still giddy over doing it. It is not a joke what I did and I will probably never do that again, but I only did it just for a pic. Sorry

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by Steve »

I was kind of wondering how you did it (not that any of us would advocate trespassing of course) and am sure looking forward to your pictures!!!!

Olivier
Rear Admiral

#40 Post by Olivier »

golfmobile wrote: I'm still negotiating to stay at that house right on the beach like the Anderson Estate that is about 15 houses southeast of Robin's Nest (rubberchicken found it on GE for me), but the owners have dropped their per-night price from $495 to $325
Can you tell me where we can see pictures of this house please ? I would be interested to know what it is possible to have for this rate.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#41 Post by golfmobile »

olivier,

It's a three-bedroom house, but keep in mind it is NOT the estate that Robin's Nest is. You can see pictures of it at:

House on Waimanalo Beach

I'm sure it's worth every penny they're asking for it, but for only the two of us, it's just not a very good value, relatively speaking. And there's a $225 cleaning fee, and the two of us don't make THAT big a mess!

Maybe if I tell the owners I just "advertised" it for them here, they may have a little more incentive to offer a little more discount . . . but probably not.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#42 Post by Lily »

n.magnum wrote:To Tralfaz and anyone else on here that I might have offended. It wasn't right sneaking to get a picture and I didn't mean any harm in doing it. I was there, curious and I have been watching the show since I was a kid.I wanted to take a better look because there are too many trees to get a good picture. I was not trying to offend anyone. Disturb the owners or vandalize. I was really excited at the time, to be there. It was a stupid move....just got caught up in the moment. Besides if I were the owners I would be pissed too! Plus it is illegal. It was a mistake. Even when I left the last blog I was still giddy over doing it. It is not a joke what I did and I will probably never do that again, but I only did it just for a pic. Sorry
I can perhaps understand how n. magnum felt, as for us MPI lovers, to actually be standing and looking at the estate, you really do tend to get caught up in the moment.

Thankfully, its not as though n. magnum was caught up in any altercation at the estate, but I think Mrs. Anderson deserves her privacy.

Olivier
Rear Admiral

#43 Post by Olivier »

golfmobile wrote:olivier,

It's a three-bedroom house, but keep in mind it is NOT the estate that Robin's Nest is. You can see pictures of it at:

House on Waimanalo Beach

I'm sure it's worth every penny they're asking for it, but for only the two of us, it's just not a very good value, relatively speaking. And there's a $225 cleaning fee, and the two of us don't make THAT big a mess!

Maybe if I tell the owners I just "advertised" it for them here, they may have a little more incentive to offer a little more discount . . . but probably not.
Thanks for your answer. I' ve enjoyed to look pictures of this house.

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by MPS »

Thanks for posting the link, Golf! I've been looking for a place that will fit all of us (5 or 6) and this looks like it could be it. Now, if I can get my act and frequent flyer miles together. :wink:

Have a great trip!!!
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#45 Post by golfmobile »

Okay! We are here!!

It was LOOOONNNNNGGGGG flight, though we were able to get on the direct flight from Atlanta to Honolulu this morning, but not first class upgrade (but free, you can't complain too much). We left an hour late and it was a 9.5 hour flight. But we are now in Honolulu.

MGI on the airplane, anticipating our arrival (click on picture for larger view -- I can't get a larger picture to upload on this internet connection at the Aloha Dew Drop Inn [not the real name, just the ambiance]):

We thought we were were going to be arriving a lot later than we did (i.e., we thought we would not be able to get on the direct flight and would be arriving after dark, at which point we would simply want a place to crash for the night so we found a cheap room in Waikiki -- you get what you pay for!)

MGI says, "This is Hawaii??? Please tell me we are not staying here for the next seven days."

Don't worry, MGI. Tomorrow morning we will start calling the rental places on the windward side of the island -- Waimanalo, Kailua. And take you to Robin's Nest. Haven't heard from the really nice place since my last offer, so I'm not holding out for that one.

More later

golf, Larry, and MGI
"Portside, buddy."