Miami Vice ripped off MPI 6 years later.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

Miami Vice ripped off MPI 6 years later.

#1 Post by N1095A »

I've only seen maybe 4-5 episodes of Miami Vice in my life, never was my thing. Anyway I was flipping past Sleuth today, and saw Sheena Easton on an episode. I liked her back in the day, so I hung around. Seems she was married to Crockett (Don Johnson), and some guy who had heat with him shot her.
At the end of the episode Crockett finds the guy and to my suprise has an "Ivan" moment. The guy even says something like "You couldn't shoot an unarmed man". Of course he does. One thing that is also a glaring similarity in the camera shots on TM and Crockett. Everyone ripps off everyone I guess.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

What is the old saying? "Imitation is the sincerist form of flatery" or something like that.

n.magnum
Lieutenant

#3 Post by n.magnum »

I am a huge Miami Vice Fan myself, but they did rip off Magnum LOL! One thing you did miss is if you look carefully the bad guy had a gun in his hand. The camera shows that after Crockett shoots him. It makes the veiwer believe he was unarmed for a second.