Fall Guy Meets Magnum P.I.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Fall Guy Meets Magnum P.I.

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

The Fall Guy episode ("License to Kill") with Tom Selleck's cameo is finally online! I've waited for what seems like forever to see this clip!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/26558/the-fal ... vepisode,1 (scene starts at around the 29:30 mark)

Just hilarious! Colt & Howie (wearing female navy whites) are being chased by some bad guys when they stumble upon Tom Selleck and the Ferrari at a Magnum P.I. episode shoot! LOL! Selleck and Colt apparently know each other. Keep watching after the scene ends, because Erin Gray soon appears. :)

I rather liked Fall Guy when it originally aired (who doesn't like Lee Majors?), but it doesn't hold up so well today. It has its moments, though.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by sophia »

James,
I remember watching the Fall Guy, buy I don't recall that scene.
You were right, hilarious!
Tom is such a caring friend :lol:

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Miss Q »

i CANT TELL YOU LONG i HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS CLIP!

My collection is almost complete
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#4 Post by rubber chicken »

Thanks James, I had never seen that. :)

And I've posted this video here before, but I'm going to do it again:

Lee Majors in: The Night the Reindeer Died from Scrooged. :P

Jean-Claude Fornier
Rear Admiral

#5 Post by Jean-Claude Fornier »

So frustrating, I obtained this : "Video library can only be streamed within the United States" and no DVD available in France at the moment ...
Just hilarious! Colt & Howie (wearing female navy whites) are being chased by some bad guys when they stumble upon Tom Selleck and the Ferrari at a Magnum P.I. episode shoot! LOL! Selleck and Colt apparently know each other. Keep watching after the scene ends, because Erin Gray soon appears
... but thanx for commenting !

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#6 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Great find James! Thanks for sharing this. Plus, it's always nice to have a little Erin Gray as a bonus!

Sparkle & Fizz
Rear Admiral

#7 Post by Sparkle & Fizz »

That's great! Thanks for finding and sharing!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

I love how Selleck is wearing the banded collar (collarless) dress shirt in this scene. I can just picture Fall Guy fans scratching their heads and saying, "What the heck is he wearing?" ;)
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by Kahunagirl »

Thanks, James. Used to watch The Fall Guy off and on but don't remember that episode. It was great!

Kahunagirl

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#10 Post by golfmobile »

Since this was posted, I've been looking online for a freeware program that allows downloading (or copying, like a still screen cap) of streaming video so I could record just the section with TS in it and post it somewhere online as a short video (like in my Webshots account) so Jean-Claude can look at it. But I can't find a program that works (HiNet Recorder, which should do this, according to descriptions, crashes on me every time I try to use it).

Does anyone know of such a program? Or how to fix HiNet? Some of the time it seems to indicate I'm missing a codec but when I go looking for that codec, the site where it was no longer exists, apparently, as I get the "page can't be found" prompt.

Can anyone help me here? Or if you can do it yourself, just record those few minutes yourself and post a video for Jean-Claude.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#11 Post by Mavrick »

That was great thank you for that " you know Colt you always have a job with us" Love it LOL I have not seen that in years I have completely forgot about that. Ok next pay check I am buying the Fall Guy on dvd. What an awesome find. Thank you so much
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Frodoleader »

I remember this from the Fall Guy's first run. What a treat it was to see TS!
One thing hit me rewatching it just now: I believe that this scene was shot in two parts. One with Tom Selleck's dialogue and the other wih Lee Majors. The shot when TS in the Ferrari pulls up could have easily been shot with doubles hiding beside the parked car. So, Tom Selleck and Lee majors may never have actually done the scene together!
Just my two cents...
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Seaver41 »

Fall Guy......wow.....that's digging way back as well. I watched it, probably all the episodes, but it doesn't stick in the memory....plus I never watched it in syndication (if it even went there). I was a big Lee Majors fan from Six Million Dollar Man, so I watched.....and it was good enough. Heather Thomas was not painful to my eyes either...........then again neither was Markie Post back in the day on that show.

Kwai Bridge
Captain

Re: Fall Guy Meets Magnum P.I.

#14 Post by Kwai Bridge »

Browsing the old sections sure does bring up some interesting things! I've never seen this before or heard of "The Fall Guy", I guess it never aired in Croatia.

Also I apologize for bumping up old threads! :wink:

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Fall Guy Meets Magnum P.I.

#15 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Kwai Bridge wrote:Browsing the old sections sure does bring up some interesting things! I've never seen this before or heard of "The Fall Guy", I guess it never aired in Croatia.

Also I apologize for bumping up old threads! :wink:
I enjoy revisiting these old threads. I've actually never seen this Fall Guy episode, despite liking both shows very much back in the 80s. You've now reminded me that I need to go find it.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.