It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 16%  16%  [ 15 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 30%  30%  [ 28 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 33%  33%  [ 31 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
7.5 (Decent) 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 93
 Post subject: Italian Ice (2.16)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:54 pm 
Founding Father

This is the official MM thread for Italian Ice (2.16). All discussions and reviews for this episode should go here. If you wish to rate the episode, please do so with the poll. The avg. score will be the official 'community rating', which will be used on the episode page (updated monthly).

This thread is also linked in the episode page of the Episode Guide.

Original Air Date: 2/4/1982
Robin asks Magnum to fly to Sicily to rescue a beautiful young woman who is in the clutches of dangerous mobsters. The woman develops an immediate crush of Magnum, which puts his new relationship in jeopardy. Later, when the mobsters turn up on the island, trouble kicks into high gear.

Last edited by J.J. Walters on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:48 pm 
Founding Father

One of the classic early episodes featuring the wonderful Mimi Rogers as Magnum's girlfriend. This is one of those episodes that's very dark in tone (a female stalker, pre-Fatal Attraction, but post-Play Misty For Me), but is also filled with some great, humorous moments. The episode is bookended with two great scenes, and Higgie-Baby is shot. Don't miss this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:54 am 
Admiral

It also has that great line against the communists!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:28 pm 
Founding Father

grundle wrote:
It also has that great line against the communists!

Ahh, I vaguely recall that grundle. Do you happen to remember how it goes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:23 am 
Admiral

Magnum comments that the rich Italian guy probably didn't pay the taxes on the piece of jewelry that the girl stole from him. And then the rich Italian guy says, "Why should I? They'd just give the money to the communists."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:48 am 
Founding Father

Oh yes, I remember now! Very cool line. Thanks grundle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:45 am 
Resident Clutterbuck

For those that get the "Chiller" network, all this week they are replaying a 1977 tv movie called, "The Possessed". Among the cast are Ann Dusenberry and a young Harrison Ford (as a college professor!).

Oddly enough, last weekend Ann kept popping up as another traumatized teen in Jaws 2. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm 
Vice Admiral

I just watched this episode again. It was on WGN yesterday.

I remembered that somehow, Magnum drove off from the Sicilian villa in a red Ferrari, just like Robin's, but I didn't remember the specifics. Turns out, he stole it! 8)

This made me think about how he got there in the first place. Did he take a cab or parachute out of a plane? :lol:

Any ideas? Is there more to the rescue scene in the DVD version of this episode?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:20 pm 
Master Flub Spotter

eegorr wrote:
I just watched this episode again. It was on WGN yesterday.

I remembered that somehow, Magnum drove off from the Sicilian villa in a red Ferrari, just like Robin's, but I didn't remember the specifics. Turns out, he stole it! 8)

This made me think about how he got there in the first place. Did he take a cab or parachute out of a plane? :lol:

Any ideas? Is there more to the rescue scene in the DVD version of this episode?

The DVD version of this episode does not answer the question of how Magnum actually gets to the Villa. We know he was flown there in Robin's jet, but that is where it ends. If I remember correctly, the first shot we see is of Magnum already on the Villa grounds. So, I guess this is one of those plot holes we talk so much about.

I have another question about this episode. Was it ever revealed who scratched Robin's Ferrari while parked at the University of Hawaii? Remember, Magnum thought this may have been revenge for scratching the Marquises' Ferrari while Magnum was escaping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:31 pm 
Maniac Emeritus

I could have sworn that it WAS the Marquise who did it, as I thought he dropped a little hint about it. On my next round through Season 2, I'll have to remember to check for that.

I remember first watching that I thought it was Katrina who did it, but how could she have gotten off the grounds (prior to shooting Higgins)?

And if it was Hawaiian dude and girlfriend, they have to be the most reactionary people in the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next