It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 11%  11%  [ 7 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 20%  20%  [ 13 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 24%  24%  [ 16 ]
7.5 (Decent) 30%  30%  [ 20 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 66
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:22 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Weird... this is the third episode in a row (I sort of got the order mixed up because I took the wrong DVD case out) where I suspect one character from the start and he turns out to be the murderer!

Maybe it's because the blond kid also played a bad cop in Starsky & Hutch, I don't know, but I had him under suspicion the second he was shown on screen...

Either that or I should change my career and become a P.I.

The towel scene was weird, but maybe that is supposed to show that she's on drugs and doing weird things??? I mean the kid she borrows it from seems to be shaking his head in disbelief too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:03 pm 
Lieutenant Commander

Again it seems I'm going against the grain. What can I say? I like the more serious episodes. So while everyone is singing praises for "Tropical Madness" (an okay episode in my book) I'm singing praises for "Wave Goodbye". Ok, not exactly singing but it's a very good episode in my mind.

The introduction of the Nick Frangakis character (played wonderfully by the always dependable Wings Hauser) took this episode to another level I thought. I'm a sucker for episodes that have some connection to Vietnam and Magnum's past.

Plus it was a treat to see Vic Morrow in one of his last roles. I liked how they set him up as the red-herring. I actually fell for it and was surprised the killer ended up being his nice-guy partner W.K. Stratton.

The absence of Higgins here doesn't really bother me that much because I'd rather have a solid story than pointless bickering between Higgy and Magnum (as fun as those are at times). But the one scene that he does have here is a classic -- him trying to bargain with Magnum and Magnum saying they should just do stuff for each other out of friendship. Then... TWO WEEKS!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:27 pm 
Fleet Admiral

possible flub......after Magnum decks Kelly.....and he pulls his gun on Magnum......he gets up and then the camera angle from the back of Magnum pointing up towards the beach......you can see a shadow reflecting on the sand of someone.......I took this initially to be Vic Morrow, but in the timeline of the scene, Magnum would've seen him and the scene would have played out differently. It was not until he turned him around and started to walk do we see Morrow appear.

Decent episode. I look at Gary's place on the water and think to how that place now would be worth a fortune and completely upgraded. Amazing how waterfront property back then was taken for granted in a lot of places.

Somebody asked what happened to the Nick character..........I took the expression on his face after Magnum admitted he himself got 'help' that he relented and would eventually get that help. It was an expression of surprise (obviously) and wonderment that this guy who seems together was once in his spot.

I thought they did a great job of casting KC.....from the standpoint of not going for a typical beach body, but rather someone with a few party pounds on her........made her character's place in life very believable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:31 am 
Captain

I like this Ep. Never saw it on TV. Fist time was on DVD.
In Australia, the 3rd series was the most prominent ever broadcast.
In my opinion, the best scenes are those with TM talking with Nick Frangakis. The look in TM's eyes are exactly that of a Veteran seeing 'stuff' that he's seen and been exposed to before. I can make comment on this subject, being a war Veteran myself.
I reckon it is also a great display of Tom Selleck's acting.
It's all in the eyes and the re-actions to things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:07 pm 
Commander

This is a great episode and I couldn't agree less with all the nitpicking! Very surprised at the mixed reception to be honest. One of Series 2's best IMO.

Post subject: Surfrider club
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:00 am 
Commander

Does anyone know if this club really existed and if so do you know its location?

Post subject: Re: Surfrider club
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:18 am 
Founding Father

Bathurstfan wrote:
Does anyone know if this club really existed and if so do you know its location?

No, they built the exterior just for the episode (on the North Shore). The interior scenes were more than likely filmed on a soundstage at the Hawaii Film Studio.

Post subject: Re: Surfrider club
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:21 pm 
Commander

J.J. Walters wrote:
Bathurstfan wrote:

No, they built the exterior just for the episode (on the North Shore). The interior scenes were more than likely filmed on a soundstage at the Hawaii Film Studio.

Thanks J.J, it looked really nice the Surfrider Bar, it is the type of place i would like, thanks for letting me know, I appreaciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:17 am 
Admiral

AmandaByNight wrote:
I like this episode mostly for Vic Morrow and Wings Hauser. ESPECIALLY Wings, cuz I love that man.

I think the biggest weakness with this episode -- and this was the fault of many television series of the 80s -- was that we had no prior knowledge of the victim. So we see Magnum all upset, but have no background really as to why, and then we never hear about her again.

I mean, you saw stuff like that all the time on stuff like Hart to Hart, but here we see a noticably (sp?) distraught Thomas, and yet, we don't feel that sadness ourselves. Not like when Tanaka died (as an example)...

I have to agree totally with you here. I don´t know how many tv series i have seen that type of a storyline. Hart to Hart had it in numerous of episodes. You never saw them with real friends cause they always died in the beginning. And i recall another Magnum episode aswell with a "friend" of Thomas dying in the beginning. "Legacy from a friend"(season three). I liked that episode better though. Wow this was a really late response :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 am 
Admiral

I don´t know about you guys and girls but i get a bit depressed everytime i see something with Vic Morrow. He had a terrible end, and accidents like that isn´t tolerable. Sad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next