Momentum Sea Quartz 30

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

Re: Momentum Sea Quartz 30

#61 Post by Nikita70 »

Thanks, nice review.

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

#62 Post by To The Regiment »

Here's Momentum Sea Quartz 30 Brings ‘80s Selleck Swagger To The Wrist, a thorough review of the Moment Sea Quartz 30 with several mentions of Magnum: https://www.ablogtowatch.com/watch-revi ... the-wrist/

Cheers!
To The Regiment

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

#63 Post by To The Regiment »

Sea Quartz 30 fans: Momentum is offering the next pre-order for the Sea Quartz 30 reissue on August 31 (tomorrow). I just received an email from Momentum that says:

Mark your calendars for tomorrow, August 31st, at 10:00 a.m. PDT, for the latest pre-order of the highly-coveted Sea Quartz 30 watch.
This batch will feature a unique promotion. Full details will be announced on August 31st.
Delivery for this production will begin in November.

Wonder what the unique promotion will be???

https://momentumwatch.com/products/sea- ... 42mm-black

Cheers!
To The Regiment

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#64 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I just pulled the trigger on the pre order. You get a free Jungle Bird shirt through I believe 9/10.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#65 Post by eagle »

I'm thinking about joining the Momentum crowd. The shirt deal is a nice touch, and I think it's enough to get me to pull the trigger on this. That, and my wife is telling me to do it - lol :magnum:

I have a Chronosport SQ30, but because of its age I will not take it in a pool. I take my Steinhart (and other watches) swimming, and I would do that with a Momentum SQ30.

Thanks "To The Regiment" for posting about this deal!

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

#66 Post by To The Regiment »

eagle wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:46 pm I'm thinking about joining the Momentum crowd. The shirt deal is a nice touch, and I think it's enough to get me to pull the trigger on this. That, and my wife is telling me to do it - lol :magnum:

I have a Chronosport SQ30, but because of its age I will not take it in a pool. I take my Steinhart (and other watches) swimming, and I would do that with a Momentum SQ30.

Thanks "To The Regiment" for posting about this deal!
You won't regret it! The Momentum Sea Quartz 30 is a great watch for daily wear. Perfect for swimming, diving, running on the beach, paddling a surfski, and drinking a cold Coops afterward.

Momentum seems to have incredible customer service as well. There's a photo floating around Instagram this week of the company's owner wearing the Jungle Bird shirt.

After all this time, it's great to see something like this for Magnum fans.

Cheers!
To The Regiment

Merona
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#67 Post by Merona »

I've been wanting a Magnum watch for a while now. This thread - which I read from start to finish yesterday - has been really helpful and a joy to read. Many thanks to all the contributors! It's a pleasure to join this board, after visiting it from time to time for years.

Literally the day I'd pulled the trigger and concluded that I want to get a Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT, the email from Momentum about the new Sea Quartz batch and promotion arrived. Back to square one! Then, when I'd decided that this promotion was too charming to pass up and fully on team Quartz again, I saw the exorbitant shipping costs as I was about to pay for my order... Sigh.. I haven't ruled it out yet though. The fact that it's the original company and that they're catering this to us Magnum fans is quite appealing.

Maybe it's not the right topic, but since it's part of the Sea Quartz promotion: could I ask those of you who already own one of the Paradise Found shirts for advice? I normally wear a medium size and like my shirts to have a tailored or slim fit. I considered ordering a 'small' based on the advice to order one size smaller than usual, but when I check the measurements it seems like my regular size is exactly in between the small and medium models... What to do? I wouldn't like a shirt that's too big, but naturally I still would like to be able to wear it... Any advice?

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

#68 Post by To The Regiment »

Merona wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:38 pm I've been wanting a Magnum watch for a while now. This thread - which I read from start to finish yesterday - has been really helpful and a joy to read. Many thanks to all the contributors! It's a pleasure to join this board, after visiting it from time to time for years.

Literally the day I'd pulled the trigger and concluded that I want to get a Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT, the email from Momentum about the new Sea Quartz batch and promotion arrived. Back to square one! Then, when I'd decided that this promotion was too charming to pass up and fully on team Quartz again, I saw the exorbitant shipping costs as I was about to pay for my order... Sigh.. I haven't ruled it out yet though. The fact that it's the original company and that they're catering this to us Magnum fans is quite appealing.

Maybe it's not the right topic, but since it's part of the Sea Quartz promotion: could I ask those of you who already own one of the Paradise Found shirts for advice? I normally wear a medium size and like my shirts to have a tailored or slim fit. I considered ordering a 'small' based on the advice to order one size smaller than usual, but when I check the measurements it seems like my regular size is exactly in between the small and medium models... What to do? I wouldn't like a shirt that's too big, but naturally I still would like to be able to wear it... Any advice?
I'm normally a size medium in most shirts. I bought a size small Jungle Bird shirt made by Paradise Found and it fit me well.

Cheers!
To The Regiment

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#69 Post by eagle »

Well, I did it. Pre-ordered and got a red shirt. This will be fun!

Black tropic strap of course. :magnum: :magnum: :magnum:

Merona
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#70 Post by Merona »

To The Regiment wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:57 am
Merona wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:38 pm I've been wanting a Magnum watch for a while now. This thread - which I read from start to finish yesterday - has been really helpful and a joy to read. Many thanks to all the contributors! It's a pleasure to join this board, after visiting it from time to time for years.

I'm normally a size medium in most shirts. I bought a size small Jungle Bird shirt made by Paradise Found and it fit me well.

Cheers!
To The Regiment
Many thanks for sharing! In the end I opted for the Steinhart, but... then couldn't resist the Momentum offer either (including the star orchid shirt, size small!). :) Having grown tired of my smartwatch, I figured I could use two new classic watches. Am eagerly anticipating both now!
Last edited by Merona on Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#71 Post by eagle »

Merona wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:28 pmMany thanks for sharing! In the end I opted for the Steinhart, but... then couldn't resist the Momentum offer either (including the star orchid shirt, size small!). :) Having grown tired of my smartwatch, I figured I could use two new analog watches. Am eagerly anticipating both now!
The Steinhart Pepsi GMT is a great watch, and is probably my favorite in my collection. The Chronosport is a cool watch too, and I'm wearing mine right now. I look forward to comparing the Momentum SQ30 to the Chronosport SQ30.

Let us know what you think of the watches after you get them.

Merona
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#72 Post by Merona »

eagle wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:43 pm
Merona wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:28 pmMany thanks for sharing! In the end I opted for the Steinhart, but... then couldn't resist the Momentum offer either (including the star orchid shirt, size small!). :) Having grown tired of my smartwatch, I figured I could use two new analog watches. Am eagerly anticipating both now!
The Steinhart Pepsi GMT is a great watch, and is probably my favorite in my collection. The Chronosport is a cool watch too, and I'm wearing mine right now. I look forward to comparing the Momentum SQ30 to the Chronosport SQ30.

Let us know what you think of the watches after you get them.
Will do! I've read your posts with interest here, eagle, as I was contemplating which watch to get myself. You have a really nice collection, and I'm curious to hear your take on the comparison between the Momentum SQ30 and your original Chronosport. I can imagine it'll be nice to have a variant of the Sea Quartz that you do not feel the need to be very careful with.

Should be just a 2 month wait now for us!

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#73 Post by Nikita70 »

I ordered a few months ago. They didn’t offer me a shirt. 😒

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#74 Post by 308GUY »

Nikita70 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:02 am I ordered a few months ago. They didn’t offer me a shirt. 😒
Same here...BUT I think the price was lower on the earlier offers....like $100 lower! So guess that'd cover a shirt, even at the prices they seem to be going for today.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Merona
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#75 Post by Merona »

308GUY wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:52 pm
Nikita70 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:02 am I ordered a few months ago. They didn’t offer me a shirt. 😒
Same here...BUT I think the price was lower on the earlier offers....like $100 lower! So guess that'd cover a shirt, even at the prices they seem to be going for today.
Yes, during the first run they sold the watch for $195, which was its original price back in the day. That went up to $259 during this run (for $295, the price you're referring to, it's on a jubilee bracelet, which they did not sell when it went for $195). I think they're just trying to make every batch special by offering a unique promotion.