2%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 82

Blackmamba
Lieutenant

Re: L.A. (1) (7.1)

#46 Post by Blackmamba »

I remember when this episode was first aired and I hated Dana as the love interest. Fast forward 30 odd years and I enjoyed the episode and liked Dana. I could see the attraction but it becomes obvious to me that the relationship was doomed to fizzle. Even though she wasn’t a good prospect for a serious relationship, TM seems finally open to a long term commitment.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#47 Post by N1095A »

The police lieutenants office was the same one as Downtown Brown's on Simon & Simon. Even had the same pictures on the wall.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#48 Post by Aloha Friday »

Decent episode...I like Dana Delany. China Beach was not too far off in her future...a great show. As for the comedy routines...I am thinking maybe the writers don't want to throw away good jokes as an aside on a television show when they can be sold for good money.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#49 Post by Pahonu »

Aloha Friday wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:24 am Decent episode...I like Dana Delany. China Beach was not too far off in her future...a great show. As for the comedy routines...I am thinking maybe the writers don't want to throw away good jokes as an aside on a television show when they can be sold for good money.
China Beach was fantastic!

Treadwell
Commander

Re:

#50 Post by Treadwell »

6.5 (Not So Good)
(both parts)

Dana Delaney is charming and delightful. But the show's a mess. Agreed on the many points in that regard already made.

The interior of the comedy club stage (but, surely, not the manager's office) and the exterior with the black wall with all the fake celebrity autographs is The Comedy Store, which is still running in LA.

TM has a big bandage on the OUTSIDE of his clothing? What good is it doing over two layers of fabric?
MrMoustache wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:52 pm "I had no where else to go" - TM shows up at the lawyers house after the gunfight at the safe house. Did I miss something?
Didn't she give him her card or write down her address in a prior scene outside the comedy club?

More comments in the Part 2 thread.

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by No need to know! »

Scored Pretty good on both L.A 1 & 2 some years ago.

I must say that they have grown on me (it´s a two hour movie on my european DVD).

Really entertaining, and the love interest between Tom & Cynthia did work this time for me, and nice with a subplot with TC, Higgins and Rick back "home".

I would score a 8.5 now, Very good indeed.
Onion´s extra?