The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Magnum P.I. Filming Locations - A Rubber Chicken Guide

#1441 Post by ConchRepublican »

I tripped over this strolling around the internets . . .

From the White House:

The Final Hawaii Trip as POTUS
President Obama’s 2015 Hawaii trip will be his last Christmas vacation in Hawaii as President. He plans to break tradition next year in 2016 and spend his final Christmas in office at the White House, surrounded by family and friends. After leaving office, President Obama looks forward to returning to Hawaii as a private citizen to continue his annual tradition in a new vacation home recently “purchased by a friend”.

Emphasis added by me.

I think we have an idea where he's talking about.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#1442 Post by golfmobile »

Please . . . . no.
"Portside, buddy."

ConchRepublican

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1443 Post by ConchRepublican »

I slid these two posts over to the more appropriate thread
CoziTV Superfan spot

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#1444 Post by Pahonu »

golfmobile wrote:Please . . . . no.
Why no? That's the best indication we've had that it is intended to remain a home, rather than being torn down and subdivided. I don't care about the politics of who visits or owns an architectural landmark like Pahonu. As long as it's not destroyed, I couldn't be happier. Enjoy, Mr. Nesbitt, President Obama, or whoever will maintain the integrity of this property!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1445 Post by Steve »

I knew it......I just hope this doesn't create any headaches for those of us trying to access the tidal pool.......

Found this piece with a tad more info.At least he is getting into the paradise spirit, heck he may even have been prancing around in a jungle bird shirt on Fridays..........
http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/2015/ ... 75410.html

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#1446 Post by J.J. Walters »

ConchRepublican wrote:After leaving office, President Obama looks forward to returning to Hawaii as a private citizen to continue his annual tradition in a new vacation home recently “purchased by a friend”.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

:)

** deep breath **

But Pahonu is right. We can't let our political views come into play here. The Estate will be safe and well cared for (and presumably renovated). This is a good thing, great even. Still, this is going to take a long time to get used to...Obama living at Robin's Nest!? The Secret Service!? How much you wanna bet he puts a putting green somewhere on the grounds. Oh, man! Unreal! :shock:
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ConchRepublican

#1447 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:
golfmobile wrote:Please . . . . no.
Quite :higgins:
CoziTV Superfan spot

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#1448 Post by Kevster »

It may be saved and renovated this way, but it is still a loss to the fans. If Obama lives there, no one will ever get to make the pilgrimage to the tidal pool. If it is a regular residence, the security would keep it off limits 24/7/365. Also, I don't think we'd ever see a reunion of the cast there (of any sort), even if it was just an ET promotion or something. Whatever you might think of Obama, GW Bush, or any other former world leader, having someone like that living there would cause the same problem...

It's progress due to saving a renovating the property, but it is a hollow win. It blows my plans to ever go in the future. That is why I'd choose Hawaii over other options anyway...
Trust Me!!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#1449 Post by J.J. Walters »

The tidal pool is an interesting question. All beaches/ocean are public in Hawaii. Will that change with Obama? I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if he got some kind of exemption to this law. If it remains public things will be essentially the way they are now (i.e. you can go to the tidal pool, but not the estate grounds). In the past the only way you could legally get onto the grounds is by invitation via some group (the pug meetup group for instance) or special event. Of course the tidal pool won't be the same with secret serviceman lined up along the edge of the property line.

And yeah, I don't see the property ever being used for some kind of Magnum reunion or filming. Unless Obama is a fan of the show. I wonder if he is?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1450 Post by Steve »

My other prediction I have made is that Michelle, her mother, Malia and Sasha will live in New York while The President lives at The Estate. I am also curious how and if Mr. Nesbitt is going to either transfer the property into Obama's name or donate it as a gift.....
Anybody know how to draw a proper mustache on this....

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#1451 Post by golfmobile »

NOT that I agree with it . . . .
"Portside, buddy."

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1452 Post by KENJI »

J.J. Walters wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:After leaving office, President Obama looks forward to returning to Hawaii as a private citizen to continue his annual tradition in a new vacation home recently “purchased by a friend”.

:)

** deep breath **

But Pahonu is right. We can't let our political views come into play here. The Estate will be safe and well cared for (and presumably renovated). This is a good thing, great even. Still, this is going to take a long time to get used to...Obama living at Robin's Nest!? The Secret Service!? How much you wanna bet he puts a putting green somewhere on the grounds. Oh, man! Unreal! :shock:
I'm reading his statement as he will return to Hawaii as a private citizen...... continuing his annual Christmas tradition at Marty's place, not his new place. I'm not ruling out the alternative, as other friends have purchased homes for past Presidents. Christmas time might have Pahonu swarming with security, but not year round, assuming it really is Marty's place. I'm okay with either man owning the place.....it is a very special place and having a President owning it really emphasizes that.....politics aside, I agree with Pahonu.... the old Anderson Estate will have a better chance being saved in one piece with either one of them owning it.

Welcome back Golf.....how was your trip way back when??

DogZy
Lieutenant

#1453 Post by DogZy »

Dear fellows, have been absent for over a half a year here, good to see you active.
So, it is Obama, after all. It is a shame if you put into a perspective you won't have the same freedom of walking and taking pictures like nowadays... My first reaction was also NOOO... If I ever make it to Hawaii, I'd have to deal with Pahonu being closely guarded and not accessible for common people. And who knows about the Tidal pool access... will it be an exception to the rule or not? :/ :higgins:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#1454 Post by golfmobile »

Hey, Kenji,

WHICH trip? We've been quite a few places over the last couple of years -- Kauai, Maui, Kauai, Tahiti, and a couple to Mexico (Tulum, Akumal) . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1455 Post by KENJI »

golfmobile wrote:Hey, Kenji,

WHICH trip? We've been quite a few places over the last couple of years -- Kauai, Maui, Kauai, Tahiti, and a couple to Mexico (Tulum, Akumal) . . . .

golf
Hi Golf,

Tahiti was the last one that I remember you mentioning.