Bob Minor

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

Bob Minor

#1 Post by rubber chicken »

I recently saw the 1975 Charles Bronson movie Hard Times, and in the end credits I noticed Bob Minor was listed as playing some guy named Zack. I was surprised because there's only two black men in the film, only one of which who has lines, and Minor definitely wasn't one of them. I even went back through the movie at 32x speed to be sure.

Then I went to the dvd menu for the trailers, and there he was, getting punched by Bronson's character. In the movie, Bronson is a bare knuckle fighter, and he fights a total of maybe four times. Apparently there was another fight filmed, with Minor as Bronson's opponent, but it didn't make it into the movie, or at least the dvd.

So anyway, here's the only shot of Minor from this movie. At least he wasn't cut from the dvd menus! :wink:

Last edited by rubber chicken on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#2 Post by rubber chicken »

Last night, I happened to see The Deep with Nick Nolte, Jacqueline Bisset, and Robert Shaw among others. Again, I didn't know Bob Minor was in this movie until I saw the credits during the start of the movie. Mr. Minor plays a thug who works for a drug dealer played by Louis Gossett Jr. He's not in the movie very much, but I got a few screen captures.

Here he is trying to get Nick Nolte to hand over what the drug dealers are looking for. Pretty much the only good look you get at him.
Image Image

Also in the movie was Robert Tessier, who was in the Magnum P.I. episode Tran Quoc Jones (5.9) (picture below). (He had much more screen time in The Deep than Bob Minor actually.) Even more coincidently, Mr. Tessier was featured heavily in Hard Times, the movie in the above post in which Bob Minor's part was cut. But I only found out now that he was on Magnum P.I. So I don't have any screenshots from him in that movie. He had a pretty cool part though, a real tough bare knuckles brawler.

I posted more about him here in the Tran Quoc Jones forum.

Here's his Tran Quoc Jones picture from this site.
Last edited by rubber chicken on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, Bob Minor is everywhere! The cat has over 130 stunt credits and 119 acting credits! :shock:

I just may have to break down and add the early Pam Grier film Scream Blacula Scream (1973) to my Netflix queue. Bob appeared as a pimp in that one. Richard Lawson ("Gerald Calvin" in "Under World") and Lynne Moody (Bebe Kiamonni in "Black on White") also appear. I'll get some screens. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#4 Post by rubber chicken »

Yeah, I found it surprising that I've just happened to see two movies within the past month or so which had both Bob Minor and Robert Tessier in them, and then Tessier was in one episode of Magnum P.I. also. They must have been in other projects together too, I wonder if they were at all friends with each other.

Hehe, I just added Scream Blacula Scream to my netflix thanks to you, though it will be awhile before it comes. I enjoyed the original Blacula (1972). It's amazing how many connections can be made between people who have been on Magnum P.I. and have also worked in other movies and shows we come across. In yet another Magnum connection, Blacula had Elisha Cook Jr. (Icepick of course) in it. Here's a two screens from the trailer. :shock: :shock:

Where was Rickie when he needed him?