4%
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 83

Aloha Friday
Admiral

Re: The Hotel Dick (6.5)

#76 Post by Aloha Friday »

I just watched this one again last night...first time in forever. I kind of liked it this time around. I like Candy Clark and the Leslie character. I liked her a lot in American Graffiti. She was doing the car show circuits a few years ago with the American Graffiti cars (Milner's deuce coupe and Steve/Toad's 58 Impala). I got her autograph. Also, Cleo (Phyllis Davis) was Dan Tanna's secretary, Bea, on Vega$...another favorite show. I always liked the red 57 T-bird and Dan Tanna's pad.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Treadwell
Commander

Re: The Hotel Dick (6.5)

#77 Post by Treadwell »

Not So Good.

As marlboro stated, the attempt at farce didn't work. On one hand it was trying to be comedy, and on the other serious. It's neither fish nor foul. Clyde's over the top performance grated.

I do like the theme of Thomas' crisis of purpose. And I agree the final freeze frame was fun and earned.

I also found something odd about Thomas' speech. It was an odd edit, with Thomas standing still in another part of the room, like it was a pickup shot later with just part of the set put back up. There was no dramatic beat of Thomas putting his thoughts together. He just blurts out a carefully crafted declaration. Stand there, and action! It didn't flow with the scene.