4%
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 83

waverly2211
Captain

Re: Professor Jonathan Higgins (5.13)

#91 Post by waverly2211 »

Treadwell wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:38 am I gave it a 7. I ended up liking it more than I thought I would from the teaser. This newb is still getting used to a ratings system with numbers running from 5 to 10.

TM breaking back into the office, where he knows they are trigger-happy... pretty careless. Sure, he risks his life all the time, but the stakes didn't seem high enough this time. And to risk TC's life for it, too! And to lie to him about there being "one lonely secretary" instead of an armed goon! Also, when he and TC are backing out in the Ferrari, the bad guy gets a clear shot from a few feet away while the car is stationary. One of them should be dead. The actor also WAY over-mimes the recoil of the handgun.

And I wish the authorities good luck in convicting anyone with TM's illegally-obtained evidence. And since he was breaking and entering every time the bad guys aimed a gun at him, they could claim self defense. I know I'm getting a little too real world here.

Goof: when TM opens his mail, he says he won a "weekend" at Disney World. Later, he tells TC it will be five days. Five days would be quite a long Disney trip for 1985, as there was just the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT at the time. Unless you want to do resort stuff like golf or ride horses or go to the water park...or go down the road to Sea World.

I'm about to indulge in the kind of over-analysis that ruins the fun: in any prize one wins, one can request the cash value instead. So he can get the money for a Waikiki vacation and use it to go to Orlando.
In regards to a Disneyworld trip, in 1985 a weekend trip would be a 4 - 5 day turnaround, depending on where you are flying from. Our neighbors went every other year in the early 80's.

Left Los Angeles on a Thursday morning arriving in Orlando late Thursday night. Then leaving the park Sunday around noon for a late Sunday/early Monday AM arrival at LAX. Just to get all day Friday and Saturday at the park, then after another 1/2 day before flying home.

From Honolulu in 1985 I would guess it would be a 10AM hop to LAX arriving around 7PM PST. Add in an hour plus layover then it's LAX to FLA, with a likely stop at DFW then onto Orlando in those days. With another 5 hours of flying time and 1 hour layover, tack on another 6 plus hours and it's arrive at MCO on Friday morning probably around 9-10AM. Airport to hotel, and then check in at 2PM then sleep. 2 days at the park, then another 12 hours back to HNL.

Treadwell
Commander

Re: Professor Jonathan Higgins (5.13)

#92 Post by Treadwell »

waverly2211 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:04 pm
In regards to a Disneyworld trip, in 1985 a weekend trip would be a 4 - 5 day turnaround, depending on where you are flying from. Our neighbors went every other year in the early 80's.

Left Los Angeles on a Thursday morning arriving in Orlando late Thursday night. Then leaving the park Sunday around noon for a late Sunday/early Monday AM arrival at LAX. Just to get all day Friday and Saturday at the park, then after another 1/2 day before flying home.

From Honolulu in 1985 I would guess it would be a 10AM hop to LAX arriving around 7PM PST. Add in an hour plus layover then it's LAX to FLA, with a likely stop at DFW then onto Orlando in those days. With another 5 hours of flying time and 1 hour layover, tack on another 6 plus hours and it's arrive at MCO on Friday morning probably around 9-10AM. Airport to hotel, and then check in at 2PM then sleep. 2 days at the park, then another 12 hours back to HNL.
In vacation booking terms, travel time is not factored into it (disregarding cruises ;) ). A "five day vacation" package would mean 4 nights at the resort hotel.