No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
4%

Total votes: 85

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Re: All For One (1) (5.15)

#61 Post by K Hale »

☨magnum.t wrote:Just watched this episode again the other night. Excellent display of the bond these men shared. I noticed something though this time around I hadn't before, I think Higgins Paternal role was the main reason he went. Of course he was a distinguished war veteran and even had England's version of the Medal of Honor but he went because Magnum went. TM told him he was "going to Maui" so Higgins knew he had to go and be a steward of sorts. I fully believe if Tom had not gone Higgins would not have either.
But Higgins didn't know Magnum was going to Cambodia. He didn't realize Maui was a lie until he got to the airport. None of the guys knew any of the others were going, because they all denied it the night before they left. All of them claimed to have other plans.
The CIA aspect was interesting as well, I fully believe Tyler was a spook and was bankrolled by the CIA which makes me wonder after he was killed how did the guys fly back? I cant imagine it would be easy buying a ticket from Cambodia to Hawaii.
Tyler bankrolled by the CIA throughout this whole thing is a REAL interesting idea!

As to how they flew back, why couldn't they just buy tickets? What I'm curious about is how the heck they got the two Cambodian orphan kids to Hawaii! You can't just bring people home with you from a trip like souvenirs! :lol:
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#62 Post by ☨magnum.t »

haha I concur on the kids, perhaps Robins jet picked them up? And the way I took it was Higgins read between the lines on TM 's lie about Maui. The look they give each other right before the scene ends where they retreat for the night tells me they both knew.
That reminds me of the time....

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#63 Post by K Hale »

☨magnum.t wrote:haha I concur on the kids, perhaps Robins jet picked them up? And the way I took it was Higgins read between the lines on TM 's lie about Maui. The look they give each other right before the scene ends where they retreat for the night tells me they both knew.
But Magnum didn’t say anything about Maui in that scene. He tells Tyler he had spoken to Higgins that morning and said he was going to Maui.

But I think we can agree Magnum didn’t know Higgins would show up.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#64 Post by ☨magnum.t »

YES lol he surprised everyone including the audience by showing up!

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#65 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

This episode is ruined by the lame action scenes and the "America freedom" nonsense with the kids. I was always annoyed by TV shows and movies where people from other countries say something like "Me want to go to America, get freedom, eat apple pie and play baseball with Mickey Mouse." - as if there are no free countries except the USA and everybody wants to go there.

The only times I wanted to "go to America" was for discount prices, but I didn't feel safe until I was back in Canada.

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#66 Post by ☨magnum.t »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:This episode is ruined by the lame action scenes and the "America freedom" nonsense with the kids. I was always annoyed by TV shows and movies where people from other countries say something like "Me want to go to America, get freedom, eat apple pie and play baseball with Mickey Mouse." - as if there are no free countries except the USA and everybody wants to go there.

The only times I wanted to "go to America" was for discount prices, but I didn't feel safe until I was back in Canada.

A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in and how many want out. All countries have faults including the USA, but you will not find any country in the world that offers the same opportunities. Do you honestly think children in Cambodia in 1985 had the same opportunities in life as American children?

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#67 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

My point was that there are plenty of countries besides the USA that have "freedom" and opportunities: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, most European countries.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#68 Post by K Hale »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:My point was that there are plenty of countries besides the USA that have "freedom" and opportunities: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, most European countries.
1000% not going to get into politics but I agree with you. But, the guys were coming back to the US so that’s where the kids went.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

brianw
Rear Admiral

#69 Post by brianw »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote: The only times I wanted to "go to America" was for discount prices, but I didn't feel safe until I was back in Canada.

Wow, really? Then please stay in Canada, by all means.

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#70 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

Thank you, I will. :D

I haven't gone to the US since the 90's. It was a great country once - one of the best, but not any more.

brianw
Rear Admiral

#71 Post by brianw »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:Thank you, I will. :D

I haven't gone to the US since the 90's. It was a great country once - one of the best, but not any more.

Not trying to be rude here. Just finding your comments to be very juvenile and insulting. Out of respect for the creators of this awesome group, I will just stop right there.

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#72 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

I'm not trying to be insulting. I'd delete the line that offends you if I could (even though it was a completely honest, truthful statement - not meant to insult anyone) - but this forum does not allow deletion of posts that are already responded to.

You can ask Conch to delete all of the posts in this thread today - AND the statement that caused you to respond, and I'll be perfectly happy with that.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

Re:

#73 Post by LZeitgeist »

I just rewatched them and they weren't my favorites but I do like how the guys - including Higgins - did it together.

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#74 Post by ENSHealy »

EPISODE: All For One (Part One)

Famous guest stars:
Hawaiian shirts:
Tigers Cap:
Island Hopper shirts:
Shirtless Magnum:
OMG:
Higgins Organizations: 1 Anglo Franco Hawaiian War Society
Higgins musings: 2
Negotiations:
Body Count:
Bullet wounds:
Little Voice:
I know what you’re thinking:
When I write HTBAWCPI:
Investigator corrections:
4th wall breaks:
Magnumometer: 3
Magnumometer Moments: https://vimeo.com/565422881

Death to the Papists!

I found it interesting that Rick gets shot when the boat captain pulls the same trick on the guys that Rick pulled on the woman who was on the King Kam with him in 4.1 Home From The Sea, when he said one engine was out and it was too dangerous to go in through the reef (but it turned out later the engine was not, in fact, out).

I mean, I suppose you can’t argue with a transfusion-via-bamboo scene, but you would have thought the guys would have brought some medical supplies with them, including maybe some tubing and a couple hypodermics? We need a combat medic to chime in and let us know what the basic kit might have included.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#75 Post by No need to know! »

Would have been quite amusing if Doc Ibold would have appeared during the transfusion-via-bamboo scene. He was everywhere. :lol:
Onion´s extra?