No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 71

Treadwell
Commander

Re: Ms. Jones (5.19)

#31 Post by Treadwell »

Higgins obviously is already very familiar with the chess moves in question, given that he recognized them, so it doesn't make sense that he'd need her to show them to him. If she saw them in a magazine, then they're publicly recorded and he could find them as well.

Higgins wouldn't need to stop trimming the trees just because someone was in the house. When Thomas drives off at the end of that scene, isn't he just heading to the guest house?

When she drove over the grass, I'm amazed Higgins didn't take exception to that.

Thomas was wearing his driving sunglasses strangely. The nose rests were too close together, making them rise more over his forehead than his eyes.

Apparently Ray and Buck were not on set at the same time. In the final strip club scene, all shots are carefully framed to show one or the other, not both.

Ray's life work is research that he will only keep to himself and never utilize? What inventor has ever done that?
Last edited by Treadwell on Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

Re: Ms. Jones (5.19)

#32 Post by Aloha Friday »

I am one of the very few who grade this episode as one of the best. I like the recurring role of Ms Jones and how she frustrates Magnum...and we finally get to meet Ray. The AI thing didn't mean much back to the 1985 me, but today it is amazing how ahead of its time this episode was...at the end when Ray warns of the dangers of the new technology.
I was probably a little generous with the score, but this episode had a lot to offer....could have used more TC and Rick. Was Rick even in it? I do not recall. TC and the binocular sub-plot was fun...
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia