5.0 (Just Awful)
4%

Total votes: 114

RamblerReb
Commander

Re: Holmes Is Where the Heart Is (4.18)

#76 Post by RamblerReb »

K Hale wrote:
Frankly, I thought Macnee was worlds better. I had issues with a lot of things in that movie.
Me, too. At least Watson had a plausible revolver, if nothing else.
I know how this looks, but I can explain!

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#77 Post by ENSHealy »

4.18 HOLMES IS WHERE THE HEART IS
Famous guest stars: .5 Patrick MacNee
Hawaiian shirts:
Tigers Cap: 1
Island Hopper shirts:
Shirtless Magnum:
OMG: 1
Higgins Organizations:
Higgins musings: 1 – half point each for two brief ones
Negotiations:
Body Count:
Bullet wounds:
Little Voice:
I know what you’re thinking:
When I write HTBAWCPI:
Investigator corrections:
4th wall breaks:
Magnumometer: 3.5
Magnumometer Moments:
https://vimeo.com/394570380

Potential magnumania usernames: Uncle George and Aunt Odie

Higgins hunts and pecks?
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#78 Post by K Hale »

ENSHealy wrote: Higgins musings: 1 – half point each for two brief ones
To be fair, almost the entire episode is a Higgins musing. :lol:
Higgins hunts and pecks?
Gotta remember he is a self-taught typist who learned with his hands bandaged from war injuries. In Tropical Madness he says, "I taught myself to type, only two fingers because of the bandages." It's reasonable that he picked up bad habits, but also reasonable that after this many years he has adapted and become able to type quickly despite his lack of keyboard training.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#79 Post by charybdis1966 »

I only vaguely remember seeing this on it’s run on UK TV in the 2010’s but having rewatched it on DVD recently it struck me that Patrick MacNee plays another character who talks slightly in riddles and is not what he thinks he is as he did in another Glen Larson/D Bellisario show original Battlestar Galactica, namely Count Iblis. That character wouldn’t answer questions straight forwardly but be evasive. That was 6 years previously and you could see how age was beginning to take its toll on him by then.
I gave it an 8 score but on reflection it’s definitely worth a 9.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#80 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

ENSHealy wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:35 pm Higgins hunts and pecks?
This question totally confused me. :shock: I immediately thought where did Higgins do any hunting in this episode?? And pecks?? What is he -- a chicken?? :lol: Had no idea this had something to do with typing.

Surprised no one mentioned the Walker Estate (it's not there on the main page for this episode, in the filming locations section) as the residence of the deceased Sir Alec Ramsey. It's the same residence that was seen back in season 1's "Curse of the King Kamehameha Club" as Lew Ayres' residence. Also the mansion that Magnum inherits in "Of Sound Mind". I'm sure there are more episodes that feature this house. It's pretty easily recognizable.

Then the house on Old Pali Rd. across the Marks Estate (which was the exterior of the KKC driveway) is the residence of Hoon and Victor Ching. That location IS mentioned on the main page of this episode.

Overall this was a very good episode. My first time seeing it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hillerman and MacNee had excellent chemistry and it all just came together very nicely. There's humor but also sadness at the end. A perfect mix. Also gotta love Mag's shenanigans trying to get into Higgy's study. The part where he rigs the hammer to break the wine cabinet was like something elaborate out of a COLUMBO episode. :lol:

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#81 Post by Pahonu »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:55 pm
This question totally confused me. :shock: I immediately thought where did Higgins do any hunting in this episode?? And pecks?? What is he -- a chicken?? :lol: Had no idea this had something to do with typing.

Surprised no one mentioned the Walker Estate (it's not there on the main page for this episode, in the filming locations section) as the residence of the deceased Sir Alec Ramsey. It's the same residence that was seen back in season 1's "Curse of the King Kamehameha Club" as Lew Ayres' residence. Also the mansion that Magnum inherits in "Of Sound Mind". I'm sure there are more episodes that feature this house. It's pretty easily recognizable.

Then the house on Old Pali Rd. across the Marks Estate (which was the exterior of the KKC driveway) is the residence of Hoon and Victor Ching. That location IS mentioned on the main page of this episode.

Overall this was a very good episode. My first time seeing it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hillerman and MacNee had excellent chemistry and it all just came together very nicely. There's humor but also sadness at the end. A perfect mix. Also gotta love Mag's shenanigans trying to get into Higgy's study. The part where he rigs the hammer to break the wine cabinet was like something elaborate out of a COLUMBO episode. :lol:
Dang Ivan! You’re still not through season 4 yet. LOL

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#82 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Pahonu wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:01 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:55 pm

Dang Ivan! You’re still not through season 4 yet. LOL
Almost there. 3 more to go! :lol:

Then on to season 5 in the fall :)