It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 42%  42%  [ 46 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 39%  39%  [ 43 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 8%  8%  [ 9 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
7.5 (Decent) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 110
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:17 am 
Ensign

I'd like ti know why the Navy was spying and gaining intelligence on Magnum from the very beginning. As in, what did Ivan's being in Hawaii have to.do with Magnum, and why was the Navy concerned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 pm 
Lieutenant

I believe Col. Greene says something about intel finding out about a Russian operation named "Reunion", taking place during the Japanese visit and that the name Magnum had come up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:54 am 
Ensign

The TV Cartoon Archer does an homage to the final scene.
It is epidsode 3.9, The Placebo Effect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:06 pm 
Fleet Admiral

TC lands his helicopter on the estate and Higgins goes crazy. TC takes Magnum out to sea, 6 miles, to get a workout paddling back on his surf ski. TC sings "Got a Date With an Angel" while flying back, what incredible scenery of the island and cliff side estates. The six plus minutes video here I think is among the very best in the entire series. The personalities of Magnum, TC and Higgins are at their finest. The aerial footage is tops too. Here's the video:

After turning on your speakers/audio, open the video link below, select 480p quality and the middle size video is best.

http://youtu.be/6BVxK8kSQwE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:43 am 
Vice Admiral

ITV4 (in the UK)is currently showing MPI however after Three minus two they have gone straight to "Ki'is don't lie" - it seems like the censors on ITV have deemed this episode as politically unsuitable.

What a shame.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 am 
Vice Admiral

As a follow up to the above post it seems ITV4 have been airing Season 3 out of sequence and Did you see the Sunrise ? was shown this week.

Also unlike DMAX(who aired MPI a few years back in the UK) who cut away from TM before he fired the shot at Ivan, it was shown in full, so top marks ITV4 for showing it, even if they muddled up the sequence.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:07 am 
Fleet Admiral

Fantastic episode! Encompasses everything this show was about. Couldn't have a better ending either, I enjoy seeing TM's dark side as he blows Ivan away. Ivan was one of the top few villains of the whole show, pure evil at it's core. I just watched Apoclypse Now for the first time and have to say how many similarities I recognized from Magnum Pi. As acclaimed as that movie is that says a lot about how authentic and realistic Magnum Pi portrayed Vietnam. Great way to start out season 3 which quite possibly might be the best season over all in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:33 am 
Fleet Admiral

Watching this one for the first time in a few years. Ok the dude on the telephone pole who reports back to colonel Green is so clearly the guy who plays Doc Ibold it's not even funny lol. I'm not trying to rip on the show (obviously love it to death) but I completely enjoy finding the bit actors who play very different recurring roles.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:06 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Milton Collins wrote:
Watching this one for the first time in a few years. Ok the dude on the telephone pole who reports back to colonel Green is so clearly the guy who plays Doc Ibold it's not even funny lol. I'm not trying to rip on the show (obviously love it to death) but I completely enjoy finding the bit actors who play very different recurring roles.

Hi Milton

If memory serves me correctly the man on the telephone pole was actor /stuntman Robert F. Hoy aka Bob Hoy. :magnum:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:28 pm 
Fleet Admiral

terryfromkerry wrote:
Milton Collins wrote:

Hi Milton

If memory serves me correctly the man on the telephone pole was actor /stuntman Robert F. Hoy aka Bob Hoy. :magnum:

Just googled it, your right!!! Good spot, I stand corrected lol:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next