2%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 114

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ki'i's Don't Lie (3.3)

#61 Post by K Hale »

I found A.J. Simon pretty annoying myself. McRaney was gold, though, especially as the would-be exterminator. :lol:
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#62 Post by eagle »

ENSHealy, I love these summaries - thanks for doing that.

And, K Hale, I agree about the exterminator!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#63 Post by K Hale »

"I've been doing this ten years and there's always somebody wants to give me a few pointers." :lol:
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#64 Post by ENSHealy »

K Hale wrote:"I've been doing this ten years and there's always somebody wants to give me a few pointers." :lol:
My eyebrows did raise a bit when he referenced the "six years of college" needed to become an exterminator. Not sure that's entirely accurate.... But it did remind me of the line from Tommy Boy:https://youtu.be/UOsQ2epsI2M
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#65 Post by ENSHealy »

Car flub:

They use some stock footage of the oval-mirrored, now destroyed, older Ferrari, but then cut to the clearly square mirrored newer one.

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#66 Post by ENSHealy »

This also made me lol. What part of this rather ordinary phone do you think alerted Thomas to the exact location of the breach of the security system (Thomas: lt's on the beach. Higgins: I'll go with you.)

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#67 Post by K Hale »

Maybe one of those small buttons on the right lights up to show where the fence has been touched?
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#68 Post by ENSHealy »

K Hale wrote:Maybe one of those small buttons on the right lights up to show where the fence has been touched?
I'm pretty sure (99%) that those are "extension" buttons, i.e. push this one to call the study, that one to call the kitchen, etc. At least IRL, that is.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#69 Post by J.J. Walters »

Dang, I miss my old wall phone. Never had a wall phone like that, but I still miss it. You didn't have to worry about where it was. It was always in the same spot. Old Faithful! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#70 Post by K Hale »

ENSHealy wrote:
K Hale wrote:Maybe one of those small buttons on the right lights up to show where the fence has been touched?
I'm pretty sure (99%) that those are "extension" buttons, i.e. push this one to call the study, that one to call the kitchen, etc. At least IRL, that is.
Me too, but let's just say it's been modded. LOL
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

karolis
Admiral

#71 Post by karolis »

A.J. Simon (Jameson Parker) wears the same red and blue (bezel) Rolex GMT-Master 2 watch as Magnum will later in the series. It is clearly visible in the beach segment after the alarm has been triggered (about the 26:45 mark). (Noted by Tim)
- on Episode Guide.

Screenshots:

T.C. wears his blue and white Hughes Helicopters baseball cap for the first time.
- on Episode Guide.

Screenshot:

Starting around the 44:00 minute mark, after the fight begins at the top of the escalator, it is clear that a stunt double for Magnum is used in most of the sequences. (Noted by Tim)
- on Episode Guide.

Screenshot:

Towards the end, when Harold Sands dies on the balcony with the Ki'i in his hand, you can see two Magnum P.I. film crew members reflecting through a hotel window on the bottom-right of the screen. (Noted by Hugo)
I wouldn't say it was bottom-right, but it is visible indeed:

T.C. mocking Higgins:

Danno wrote:Notice when Magnum and TC return to the estate after being duped- Rick is on the phone and the entry door behind them is open. It is very clearly a painted backdrop of trees and what looks like an astro-turf floor 'outside'. Very funny.
Screenshot:

SignGuyHPW wrote: The main thing I didn't really like was the ending for the syndicated version. Higgins gets them to halt the plane and then has the police haul her off which was stretching things I thought. I know they had to do something to wrap it up for syndication, but maybe have her trip and cause the case to open and pour the money out in front of people would've worked better.
But there was no money, just checks from auction. Higgins sent her to the bank to withdraw the money, but when Magnum asked Higgins what time is it, he said it's 4:14 PM, then Higgins realised that bank closes at 3 PM. Magnum answered - but the airports open all night.

I didn't like ending too. Police arrived and already knew who to arrest.

It looks like intercom has been modified a little! Comparison:

Screenshot from The Jororo Kill (2.13) episode:

Screenshot from this episode:

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#72 Post by K Hale »

karolis wrote:
T.C. mocking Higgins:

This is hilarious!

That button that says DEL. GATE intrigues me. I presume it stands for delivery gate. Is there some other way into the estate from the road other than the main gate we always see??
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#73 Post by Pahonu »

K Hale wrote:
karolis wrote:
T.C. mocking Higgins:

This is hilarious!

That button that says DEL. GATE intrigues me. I presume it stands for delivery gate. Is there some other way into the estate from the road other than the main gate we always see??
I thought the same thing. We know Pahonu had only one gate, but this seems to imply Robin's Nest has two. It also has stables, a guest house, a green house, a servant's wing, and a hot tub too... Plus I don't know how many acres! None of which Pahonu possesses. :D

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#74 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

K Hale wrote:Image

That could be assumed, but we must consider that the word could actually be "CATE" which is short for "CATEring" and that's Higgins' speed dial button to DELmonico's CATEring. He ordered from them in several episodes and coincidentally when the order arrived the driver came through the delivery gate.

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#75 Post by MaximRecoil »

J.J. Walters wrote:Dang, I miss my old wall phone. Never had a wall phone like that, but I still miss it. You didn't have to worry about where it was. It was always in the same spot. Old Faithful! :)
Why don't you still have a wall phone? Do you no longer have a land line?

My favorite wall phone is the Western Electric Model 554, which is the phone that practically everyone in the United States had on their kitchen wall from 1955 to 1984 when the Bell System was broken up (Hawaii being a notable exception, because they were in GTE territory rather than Bell System territory, so they had mostly Automatic Electric phones rather than Western Electric), with some people choosing to continue leasing them well past 1984 (my aunt leased hers until 1996 for example). My parents leased the one that was in our kitchen when I was a kid, until 1986. They are the counterpart to the legendary Western Electric Model 500 desk phone, and use the exact same internal components (hook switch, dial, network, and ringer).

I've owned the house I grew up in since 1999 and when I moved back in here, one of the first things I did was find a 554 to take its rightful place on the kitchen wall, and it's been there ever since: