2%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 114

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ki'i's Don't Lie (3.3)

#106 Post by Little Garwood »

K Hale wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:16 am I found A.J. Simon pretty annoying myself.
A childhood friend of mine was a huge A.J. Simon fan. This pal of mine frequently mimicked A.J.’s “undercover shtick”, and while I never found A.J. annoying—quite the contrary—my friend’s obsession with the character was annoying! :lol:

A.J.’s belief that Hawaiian prisoners were fed Macadamia nuts has always made me laugh. That, and Rick’s “Like picking pineapples off a tree!” line also amuses.

ENSHealy wrote:I’ve never understood this. Why saturate the carpet? And is it really chemicals? If so, that’s pretty nasty, but I’m assuming it was just water? Wouldn’t leaving the can spraying just call attention to the fact the ki’i was gone? Why leave the tank at all? Why not carry both in and both out. Who knows how long it would be before the theft is discovered then, without the spraying tank yelling, "look, something is amiss here!" They probably could even have made a clean getaway, but I guess that doesn’t move the plot forward in the manner needed.
I’ve asked myself the same thing. In Simon & Simon’s early seasons, Rick, on a few occasions, made some blunderous decisions. There’s that aforementioned screw up in Ki’i’s Don’t Lie, to say nothing of the Simons’ (grand) theft of the pest control van.

In Pirate’s Key, Rick stupidly alerts some thieves by calling out to them after taking incriminating photos of them “in the act.” Rick’s stupidity wrecks that case, which subsequently leads to the Simon brothers’ wrecking of a US senator’s car and their ensuing troubles with the senator. Call it a plot contrivance or weak attempt at comedy, but Rick Simon was a really bad investigator in those early days, something which was thankfully eschewed by season 3.

Thank you for the MPI and S&S crossover uploads. Obviously, I have the DVDs, but it’s good to have “on the fly” access.

That Penthouse piece, though! It’s more Estrada than Fairchild!
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#107 Post by charybdis1966 »

I wasn’t aware of Simon and Simon when this came out - all I noticed was that the characters of these two seemed more fleshed out than guest stars usually - obviously I now know that’s because they’re the lead characters in the series which this episode crossed over into.

Fairly tidy story and, as I’m a sucker for blue eyed blondes, Morgan Fairchild was delightful to look at.

Ivan
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#108 Post by Ivan »

I’m watching Magnum on ChargeTV and season 3 is so strong. I watched the show back in the 80s, and it’s great to see it again. Anyway, just came here to say how strong this season starts out with three stellar episodes right out of the gate.

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#109 Post by Gorilla Mask »

Ivan wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:14 pm I’m watching Magnum on ChargeTV and season 3 is so strong. I watched the show back in the 80s, and it’s great to see it again. Anyway, just came here to say how strong this season starts out with three stellar episodes right out of the gate.
Hello Ivan,

You are absolutely right, season 3 has some of the best episodes of the whole show. My favorite is definitely "Black on White". It is however a contrasted season with a very good start (the first 7 episodes) then a slow decline until the catastrophic "Two Birds of a Feather"... :? :shock:

I find that the following seasons (especially the 5th and 6th with "Way of the Stalking Horse") are more balanced. One really feels that the series has taken its cruising pace from the beginning of the fourth season. :magnum:
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."