2%
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 100

brianw
Rear Admiral

Re: The Eighth Part of the Village (3.4)

#61 Post by brianw »

Two things about this episode. 1) Like those guys are going to believe a beer can hidden under a newspaper is really a gun. And 2) NERDS! NERDS! NERDS!
Last edited by brianw on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#62 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

karolis wrote: This scene looked a little bit gay. Two guys rents a room?

:lol: That struck me immediately as well. At least that's what the landlady must have been thinking, especially with their cheesy grins like they were up to something naughty. :D

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#63 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Unless I'm mistaken this episode is the first time we see TC's new base of operations for Island Hoppers at Makai Pier in Waimanalo. Prior to this his base was shown to be the Ala Wai heliport in Waikiki (across from the Hilton Hawaiian Rainbow Tower). Can anyone confirm?

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#64 Post by K Hale »

Question. When Magnum goes to get the crate, he is unable to drag it from behind the line over to the van. He later tells Higgins, “There weren’t any books, just her.” She can’t weigh more than 130 pounds. Why was the crate so heavy? And if the crate was supposed to be full of books Higgins had ordered, what happened to them and why wouldn’t he have asked about them?
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Nifty911
Captain

#65 Post by Nifty911 »

K Hale wrote:Question. When Magnum goes to get the crate, he is unable to drag it from behind the line over to the van. He later tells Higgins, “There weren’t any books, just her.” She can’t weigh more than 130 pounds. Why was the crate so heavy? And if the crate was supposed to be full of books Higgins had ordered, what happened to them and why wouldn’t he have asked about them?
IF there were books in a crate that size, it would have broken the axle on the van. No way that could be put in that van anyway.

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#66 Post by ENSHealy »

ENSHealy wrote:3.4 THE EIGHTH PART OF THE VILLAGE
Hawaiian shirts: 2 teal with white/purple flowers, classic jungle bird
Island Hopper shirts: 2 black or navy tank with grey logo, dark green with white logo
Body Count: 3 one bodyguard, 2 bad guy riflemen
Shirtless: 1 swimming in the tidal pool
Little Voice: 0
I know what you’re thinking: 0
When I write HTBAWCPI: 0
Investigator corrections: 0
Magnum injuries: 0
Higgins musings: 1
4th wall breaks: 1
Negotiations: 0
Famous guest stars: 1 Ogre!
Magnumometer: 11
UPDATE - 3.4 THE EIGHTH PART OF THE VILLAGE
Hawaiian shirts: 2
Tigers Cap: 1
Island Hopper shirts: 2
Body Count: 2
Bullet wounds:
Shirtless: 1
Little Voice:
I know what you’re thinking:
When I write HTBAWCPI:
Investigator corrections:
Higgins musings: 1.5 - the "batman" reference was pretty quick, so I only counted it a half.
4th wall breaks: 1.5 - for the second one, he could have just been looking back at Rick and TC, so I only gave it a half.
Negotiations:
Famous guest stars: 1 Ogre!
OMG/Extraordinarys:
Higgins Organizations:
Magnumometer: 12

Potential magnumania usernames: Mrs. Cheever, Mr. Jensen, Mr. Harms
Magnumometer moments: https://vimeo.com/376461717

Who takes a fortune out of the cookie without eating (or even breaking open!) the cookie?
K Hale wrote:Question. When Magnum goes to get the crate, he is unable to drag it from behind the line over to the van. He later tells Higgins, “There weren’t any books, just her.” She can’t weigh more than 130 pounds. Why was the crate so heavy? And if the crate was supposed to be full of books Higgins had ordered, what happened to them and why wouldn’t he have asked about them?
The crate itself could be quite heavy. Pallets are heavy, and there’s a lot more wood in a crate than in a pallet. But great point about the books, and now that I think about it, how would Mioshi have known that Jonathon ordered a crate of books (that just so happened to be from Japan?) and not only knew that but also knew what dock it was being shipped to and when?
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#67 Post by Gorilla Mask »

I really enjoyed this episode, for the quality of the dialogue and the omnipresent humor.

The words between TM, Rick and T.C. are a bit like schoolboys' pranks (Schoolboys tricks, Ivan ? :D ), but it's very funny! We learn a lot about Magnum's reputation as a dilettante.

So Higgins was involved in the New Guinea campaign with the Australians? I thought he stayed in Egypt until the end of El Alamein?
In fact, Jonathan must anticipate his story by a few weeks, as McArthur's forces, with the support of Australian troops, did not initiate their counter-attack from Port Moresby (after the capture of Buna and during the crossing of the Kokoda Trail) until late September. That said, the situation of famine and exhaustion that he describes is entirely consistent with the accounts.

The scenes of the book crate as well as the mowing of the lawn are quite hilarious!

The twist in the situation at the zoo is rather well brought out.
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."

Big_Hig
Ensign

#69 Post by Big_Hig »

I recently got back into the show after watching in the 80’s as a kid. I’ve purchased the complete series on iTunes and started at the beginning watching one episode per day. Then I discovered this great site, and I always read the episode guides and the reviews after each viewing :D.

I have a question on this episode that I hope someone can answer. When the two tough guys confront Magnum at the docks, one of them says “We’ve already told you once”. This implies that they have met Magnum before, but it’s not shown. Just wondering if the iTunes episode is edited and the first meeting is removed?