It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 17%  17%  [ 17 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 25%  25%  [ 25 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 24%  24%  [ 24 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 17%  17%  [ 17 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
7.5 (Decent) 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 101
 Post subject: Re: Black on White (3.6)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:18 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Milton Collins wrote:
I want to buy Larry Manettis book but still have a tough time dropping $75 on eBay for a paperback.

Order it from Larry's website, $20, and he'll sign it! :magnum:

http://www.larrymanetti.com/shop.htm

(Ok, I guess the price went up, but it's still less than ebay! Looks like he raised the price a couple bucks, and increased the shipping to the over-inflated shipping charges that just about every place that ships anything have gone to....cheeeese! :x )

It used to be $20, under $25 WITH shipping! Shipping charges have gotten outrageous.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:31 am 
Fleet Admiral

308GUY wrote:
Milton Collins wrote:
I want to buy Larry Manettis book but still have a tough time dropping $75 on eBay for a paperback.

Order it from Larry's website, $20, and he'll sign it! :magnum:

http://www.larrymanetti.com/shop.htm

(Ok, I guess the price went up, but it's still less than ebay! Looks like he raised the price a couple bucks, and increased the shipping to the over-inflated shipping charges that just about every place that ships anything have gone to....cheeeese! :x )

It used to be $20, under $25 WITH shipping! Shipping charges have gotten outrageous.

Thanks 308Guy I just bought it! And I agree the shipping sucks but well worth $39 to read the inside scoop on my favorite show ever!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:07 pm 
Lieutenant Commander

Hi, just to say that the closing scene in Black on White is my favourite of all Magnum PI. Love the scene between Magnum and Higgins where Higgins shows he is excellent at the game and then the great scene and dialogue between Magnum and TC with the great freeze frame of Magnum diving to get away from TC at the end. The humour and chemistry between the stars of that scene was everything that I loved about Magnum PI. ANYWAY! I was watching that very episode with my wife and she noticed that at the moment Magnum is walking into the sea (and TC walks in after him) you can see just how sunburnt Tom Selleck is. His hair chest covers it up a lot but you can see it on his shoulders, proper red! Looks like Selleck forgot the suncream that day.

Runaway Selleck

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:22 pm 
Commander

Jodykmg365 wrote:
I really liked this episode a lot. I did notice that the black lady was driving a Porsche. I wasn't aware that a person could rent a car like that.

I know it's a bit late to respond to this, as the post was made in 2008 :)
Anyway, I remember the Kenyan lady driving that Porsche and I'm just wondering if anyone knows what type of car this is. I used to drive a 944 S2, and the one in the episode is either a 924 or a 944. I'm always fond of movies/series that have this sort of car in them :)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:35 pm 
Commander

Just watched this episode again, it is a very good one IMO, in short: They have managed to blend some of Higgins' history with a thrilling story and a twist. Also, locking TM and JQH in a room with TM behaving like a teenager puts the spotlight on their relationship. Rick and TC are doing a good job, and there is a lovely guest actress. Oh, and did I mention she drives a Porsche 924 or 944 :D

Then there is this surprising ending (Clusterbuck playing the Mau Mau, clearly because he is being plagued by his memories), which leaves the viewer thoughtful. This is never a bad thing.

I'm still undecided which rating to give, but it will be very high. Nine to ten, more precisely, I just still wonder what it takes for an episode to get a ten.

Btb this whole narrative of the Mau Mau taking revenge on the British strongly reminded me of the Statham/De Niro movie "Killer Elite", did anyone watch this one?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:07 am 
Admiral

Derek wrote:
Just watched this episode again, it is a very good one IMO, in short: They have managed to blend some of Higgins' history with a thrilling story and a twist. Also, locking TM and JQH in a room with TM behaving like a teenager puts the spotlight on their relationship. Rick and TC are doing a good job, and there is a lovely guest actress. Oh, and did I mention she drives a Porsche 924 or 944 :D

Then there is this surprising ending (Clusterbuck playing the Mau Mau, clearly because he is being plagued by his memories), which leaves the viewer thoughtful. This is never a bad thing.

I'm still undecided which rating to give, but it will be very high. Nine to ten, more precisely, I just still wonder what it takes for an episode to get a ten.

Btb this whole narrative of the Mau Mau taking revenge on the British strongly reminded me of the Statham/De Niro movie "Killer Elite", did anyone watch this one?

It´s a 924 probably from the late 70´s. -79 maybe? Here is a red -79.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:23 am 
Lieutenant

Loved this episode. Great story line and great interaction of the characters. Third episode without the Ferrari.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:33 am 
Admiral

One of the best episodes, hands down.

The slow zoom on Higgins' face when he's sitting on the couch is great, and the moment he walks around the corner playing it at the end, classic. This is one of the episodes I never get tired of re-watching :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:28 am 
Ensign

This is my all time favorite episode. I love the suspense, the moody night scenes, Bebe Kiamonni and the pairing of her and TC (cool couple!), the fact that Higgins is stuck in the guest house with rubber chickens and a brand new TomyTronic Pac-Man, the voodoo theme, and the twist ending. 10/10.

Dr. Ibold played by the late Glenn Cannon might be the most underrated charachter in the series. I really like his presence, cool guy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:45 pm 
Admiral

Lindenburger wrote:
Dr. Ibold played by the late Glenn Cannon might be the most underrated charachter in the series. I really like his presence, cool guy.

Agreed! His scenes are always ace

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next