It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 36%  36%  [ 28 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 26%  26%  [ 20 ]
7.5 (Decent) 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 77
 Post subject: Re: Foiled Again (3.8)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:50 pm 
Fleet Admiral

charybdis1966 wrote:
Stelth wrote:
If only Patty McCormack could have remained Carol for the entire series.

Hear, heat.

I've skipped certain Carol centric episodes after this one just to avoid the woman with grey pubes for a hair do.

I wish posts had a "like" button...you've earned quite a few.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:26 pm 
Vice Admiral

Stelth wrote:
charybdis1966 wrote:
Stelth wrote:
If only Patty McCormack could have remained Carol for the entire series.

Hear, heat.

I've skipped certain Carol centric episodes after this one just to avoid the woman with grey pubes for a hair do.

I wish posts had a "like" button...you've earned quite a few.

Cheers fellah, you have too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:38 am 
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Watching this episode again and noticed that Magnum needs help to tie the double "Winslow" knot on Higgins tie he borrowed... however, I remember recently watching Magnum ask Rick, ''are you sure you want to use a Windsor knot with that tie?''. I want to say it happened in a previous episode but I have recently traveled and loaded my phone with Magnum episodes to watch so I may be mistaken. Does anyone recall the Rick tie episode??

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:41 pm 
Admiral

J.J. Walters wrote:

Anyone know where this is located?

I've been there before when I was growing up in Honolulu...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:43 pm 
Admiral

As soon as the "business associate" was introduced I knew he would be relevant to the plot. Why would thy have him introduced to Higgins otherwise? I also noticed he shook hands with his left hand despite not appearing to be a fencer.

I wonder why Higgins didn't get involved with the woman in the end since they were clearly in love with each other. I guess having a Mrs Higgins would change the premise of the show too radically.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:58 pm 
Admiral

Just re-watched this and really enjoyed it, but am curious about 'Liar's Poker' - anyone played it? Are they using serial numbers on the bills?
(yeah, I could google it but I'd rather talk to you guys)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:25 pm 
Captain

MaiTaiMan wrote:
AmandaByNight wrote:
I also like this episode quite a bit. I love the guest stars, especially Nicholas Hammond who plays the son because he was Doug Simpson in the infamous "Ow, my nose," episode of the Brady Bunch!

Yeah, I like Nicholas Hammond...interesting actor! He also was one of the VonTrap children (Friedrich) in "Sound of Music" and a lot don't remember that he was the original Spider Man--in the 1977-79 "Amazing Spider Man" TV-series! :wink:

I was fortunate enough to meet Nicholas Hammond while I was working as a musician on a cruise ship. We were doing to Hawaii run from san diego and Nicholas Hammond was a passenger. We hung out quite a bit and he even sat in with my band and sang "Edelweiss" from the Sound Of Music. Of course all I wanted to do is talk to him about "Magnum", haha. Needless to say, it was a very special cruise for me :D
"He was arrogant, and cold, and he brutalized my mother". One of my favorite deliveries of a line by a guest star on Magnum!

Here's a pic of us together. Image

Last edited by eltonsean on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:48 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Very cool!

Great picture and story.

Sure wish we had a "thumbsup" smiley.....hint-hint... :wink:

I know maybe it's "corny" to say so, but Edelweiss is one of my all time favorite pieces. Keep in mind, one of the bands I was in was nicknamed the "Little Beatles" at the battle of the bands in Cleveland in 1965 (we were 14-15 at the time) and we made it to the finals! The original James Gang was there at the same time, to give you an idea of some of the competition. Also, the Buckinghams (Don't You Care, etc.) anyway, I also like the Planets by Holst, particularly "Mars". Don't mean to sidetrack the thread, just saying I like most types of music that are DONE WELL, and the song Edelweiss is certainly in that category. It comes across as being an old Austrian folk song or something, but to my understanding, was in fact written for the story.

Like I said before, you must have some interesting stories/experiences to relay given your vocation.

Thanks for sharing. :magnum:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:06 pm 
Captain

308GUY wrote:
Very cool!

Great picture and story.

Sure wish we had a "thumbsup" smiley.....hint-hint... :wink:

Thanks for sharing. :magnum:

My pleasure. It's nice to have a community that appreciates my Magnum experiences :magnum:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:59 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Some of the posts im reading are questioning why Tom Selleck incorporated the Detroit Tigers into Thomas Magnum. I understand that it is a bit odd for a guy from Virginia to love a sports team in Michigan, but I do have to ask (respectfully of course) is it really that hard to figure out? Selleck is from Detroit and has been and is a lifelong Tigers fan and many actors sometimes incorporate little pieces of their personality into a recurring role they play. Just a thought and no offense meant to anyone:)

I think this is a fun episode. I always enjoy a look into Higgy Baby's past and this is a very good one. Schoolyard bully, love lost (again! ie: The Lady Ashley!) and a confrontation/fencing duel? Totally fun in my book. I think Magnum is extremely funny in this episode as well. From his poking fun at Higgin's beanie in the beginning to his fight at the sugar mill where he holds up his broken figure to ward of his attacker (hilarious!) he just cracks me up. And the original Carol siting was humorous as well. I enjoy the character regardless of this "Pseudo Carol" or the brunette version played by Kathleen Lloyd but to be honest this one seemed more fitting for Magnum to me. Just my opinion:)

I totally enjoy this one and another solid episode from season 3, my personal favorite season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next