Total votes: 90

Artie Canoe
Captain

#16 Post by Artie Canoe »

Haha yeah TM wasn't the type to do those things

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by MACattack »

Everybody has a right to their own opinion, but comparing McCain to Magnum is crazy! Their comparison ends at them both being P.O.W.s in Nam.
I do believe that had Magnum was real, he would make a great president with Higgins as his running mate!

Next time we'll compare T.C. and Obama!!!
I just don't give a damn!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#18 Post by SelleckLover »

MACattack wrote:
Everybody has a right to their own opinion, but comparing McCain to Magnum is crazy!
You are exactly right when you say that everyone has the right to their own opinion, and you are most certainly entitled to yours. I think that Steve has made some very valid points, and I don't think that the Magnum/McCain comparison is so far-fetched as to call it "crazy". JMHO! :D

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#19 Post by golfmobile »

Uhhhh, when was Magnum a POW? I know he, Rick, and TC were captured and caged by Ivan, but that was hardly an official POW status.

Otherwise, I'm with SelleckLover. We all agree here that we are all entitled to express an opinion. If someone else doesn't agree, well, that's the spice of life. If we all thought the same, it would be a pretty boring, "preaching to the choir" discussion, now, wouldn't it?

Except we all agree on a love of MPI.

But, gawd, this is driving me crazy! EveryONE is entitled to HIS/HER own opinion, not THEIR. "Everyone" is singular, "their" is plural. Birds can sing their song, but a bird sings his/her/its (without the apostrophe -- with the apostrophe the meaning is "it is" -- if you can't subtitute "it is" in the sentence when you're writing "its," there is no apostrophe) own song.

Sorry, just had to vent and get that out of my system . . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#20 Post by SelleckLover »

golfmobile wrote:
Sorry, just had to vent and get that out of my system . . . . .

You bring up a good point, golf. I should have reworded my sentence and avoided repeating the error! Can I use the excuse that I was having chest pain this morning and it clouded my grammatical judgment? OK... I didn't think so...LOL :D

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#21 Post by J.J. Walters »

golfmobile wrote:Uhhhh, when was Magnum a POW? I know he, Rick, and TC were captured and caged by Ivan, but that was hardly an official POW status.
According to Ivan, just before he was "dispatched" by Magnum, they (Magnum, T.C and Rick) were captives for three months.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Artie Canoe
Captain

#22 Post by Artie Canoe »

Does that make him a kind of "unofficial" POW?

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#23 Post by IslandHopper »

golfmobile wrote:Uhhhh, when was Magnum a POW? I know he, Rick, and TC were captured and caged by Ivan, but that was hardly an official POW status.
When was Rick a POW/MIA? I thought it was Cookie who was being held by Ivan along with Magnum, TC and the imposter Nuzzo. Rick didn't join the team until later.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#24 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ah, you're certainly right IH! Of course, Rick wasn't with Magnum and T.C. at Ivan's compound. Not sure what I was thinking, but I was wrong. :oops:

Artie Canoe
Captain

#25 Post by Artie Canoe »

Haha TC made the same mistake and Rick got mad at him for it :P

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Miss Q »

I always assumed they were held captive in the cages by Ivan for the 3 months.... I figured thats why they all had extensive facial hair since they were uanble to shave.

TM talks about how Rod (episode??) went to visit his mom when he was a POW.
Last edited by Miss Q on Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#27 Post by J.J. Walters »

Artie Canoe wrote:Haha TC made the same mistake and Rick got mad at him for it :P
To make it even more funny, not only did I forget that Rick wasn't with Magnum and T.C., but I also forgot that T.C. forgot as well! What episode did T.C. forget? If you say "Did You See the Sunrise?" I may just have to hang up my "Magnum shoes" for good. ;)

Artie Canoe
Captain

#28 Post by Artie Canoe »

I think it was because he was all flustered about Ivan coming and he was talking to Rick about it...maybe I'm wrong though

Ski
Ensign

#29 Post by Ski »

Regarding Camarillo (where I grew up), Carol is correct, the State Mental Hospital was the only sort of facility there in which one might be incarcerated. It was closed several years ago (early 90s I think) and has been turned into Cal State Channel Islands.

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by lutherhgillis »

Great discussion.

Remember TC was being drugged by "Nuzo" in Did you SEE. That may have caused TC's mental fuzziness.

I think Book is the only episode where the 3 months as a POW was mentioned.

I like the Book episode. Angel, uh, Hot Rod Chrysler is a dispicable character but it was well played by Stuart Margolin. He was also great on Rockford.

Hey, did any of you notice the echo during the filming of the part where Rod comes to the estate mainhouse looking for Magnum and Higgins opens the door? They filmed a brief portion in the doorway of the real estate house and you can hear a definite echo. As the scene switches back and forth to the studio set, the echo is gone...then reappears. Cool.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?