6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 90

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by MACattack »

Everybody thats cool, blaze a doobie to this episode! 8)
I just don't give a damn!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by lutherhgillis »

Como?

Qual es 'blaze a doobie' en English?

Merci
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#33 Post by Rutledal »

I the notes it's stated that the ending contains a great 2 on 3 brawl, but TM, Rick and Rod vs. Donner, Dolphie and Dolphie's black partner makes it 3 on 3.

Just a little nitpicking.
So I made a Topic Page about Magnum, P.I. Check it out here.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by MACattack »

luther gillis wrote 'qual es blaze a doobie' in english?

Its something that the generation between yours and mine did every day while the protested the war in Southeast Asia.

I take it you don't know what 420 or chronic mean either!

p.s. no parlez vouz francais!!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#35 Post by J.J. Walters »

Rutledal wrote:I the notes it's stated that the ending contains a great 2 on 3 brawl, but TM, Rick and Rod vs. Donner, Dolphie and Dolphie's black partner makes it 3 on 3.

Just a little nitpicking.
I've corrected it.

Thanks
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by lutherhgillis »

Mac,

Only the cowardly scumbags smoked hootch while protesting the war from their lofty left-winged perch. The honorable people served.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by MACattack »

That statement is pretty generalized. My father was a hippie, but he got drafted and went over to nam and fought for his country. He lost five friends in the war. Not everybody ran off to Canada. The only thing wrong with the potheads and the hippies was the fact that they spit on the veterans when they came back. I guess every American is a hippocrate deep down inside!

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by MACattack »

It's just a plant, man. Who cares if some people partake of it and enjoy it? It's no worse than a person drinking a bottle of whiskey and crashing his car! That's the problem, people are always going to fight over something, and that's why there will always be war.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by MACattack »

By the way, Luther Gillis was one of my least favorite characters on MPI. I never understood why he was on the show. Maybe to give a job to an out of work actor!

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#40 Post by Rutledal »

MACattack wrote:By the way, Luther Gillis was one of my least favorite characters on MPI. I never understood why he was on the show. Maybe to give a job to an out of work actor!
BLASPHEMY!!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#41 Post by Doc Ibold »

OK, REALLY?!!!!!

If there's going to be a discussion about "a plant" or whatever peoples thoughts are on it, kvetching about who did what in the Vietnam War, etc. wouldn't it be better used through the Private Messaging channel?

Granted, everyone has their opinions and should be entitled to express them, but the site is called Magnum Mania for a reason.... and its got a pretty good rep for being a place where the posters are friendly and open on things related to Magnum PI.

Sorry if I'm a little heated... and James feel free to delete this post... but I don't want to see this site denigrate into an attacking forum as I love it too much.

-Doc

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#42 Post by Rutledal »

You shouldn't be sorry Doc, if he ain't got nothing better do to then being a troll, then he deserves to hear it.

James feel free to delete this post too if you decide to delete Doc's because without it this doesn't really make any sense.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#43 Post by MACattack »

I want to apologize for offending anybody, I guess I got way off track. But, I'm not a troll! Just an avid MPI and Tom Selleck fan.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by Sam »

Ditto what Doc said.

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by lutherhgillis »

Say, who you callin' a Troll, Bub? This is Luther H Gillis you're talkin' to... :wink:

Did you notice the exchange between Magnum and Hot Rod where Rod says he was sent to the Federal pen for growing hootch while in Bakersfield. He said that everyone was cultivating a little. TM says very sternly, "Not everyone" and Rod shoots back with, "everyone who lived there". I thought that was a very poignant exchange. Rod was probably correct. It is legal to grow pot for your personal use in CA.

Still, TM and TC particularly had no use for drugs. I noticed they got Rick out of the snow palace pretty quickly after the pilot was over...

As far as pot vs. alcohol, I have no use for either. I have never felt the need to numb myself...