No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
3%

Total votes: 106

☨magnum.t
Admiral

Re: Faith and Begorrah (3.23)

#106 Post by ☨magnum.t »

Wow i cant believe the tour guide isn't in the Peaches section she was a knockout. I would have to say Higgins ordered ice in his scotch because he was on a roof in Hawaii, it had to have been hot up there.
That reminds me of the time....

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#107 Post by K Hale »

That reminds me, some lady in the Magnum Facebook group claimed she had been staying at a neighboring hotel while they were shooting this episode and that she had photos of John Hillerman shooting that scene that she took from her hotel. She also claimed to have bumped into him as he was leaving. Of course despite requests, she never produced any actual photos…
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#108 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

MaximRecoil wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:04 pm In this episode, at the "beach bar" on the roof, Higgins orders his whiskey "on the rocks" (with ice).

In the episode Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii, Higgins says to Magnum, "Don't ruin my whiskey with ice. I'm not a bloody American."
It's possible that it was so bloody hot up there on that bloody beach-bar rooftop that Higgy resigned to drinking his bloody whiskey with bloody ice, like a bloody Yank. That's my bloody theory anyway. But what do I bloody know? I'm just a bloody Ivan. :lol:

Fleet Admiral

#109 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

K Hale wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:43 pm Higgins pulls over to his left on Lemon Rd. and parks somewhere in the area you see in the bottom pic.

Hey KHale,

There's something wrong with what you describe here. Looking at your order of pics from an earlier posting and also watching it on my DVD you can see Higgy driving his Audi down Lemon Rd (away from Diamond Head, which is in the background). Then you say he pulls over to his left on Lemon which would mean he would have to go against traffic and park against traffic. What I see on the DVD is that he turns left from Lemon onto a different street, probably Paoakalani and parks right there on the corner. But he's parked on Paoakalani, not Lemon. As he begins to get out of the car you can see the ABC and dress storefronts behind him (which were on Lemon at the time, as you say). But he seems to be on Paoakalani and what's more the entrance to the Low Surf/Hotel Renew seemed to also be on Paoakalani (where he parked) and where it is today. I just don't see, based on where he's parked, how the entrance to the hotel can be on Lemon (across from the ABC/dress storefronts). Unless this whole thing wasn't filmed as we see it. Meaning Higgins gets out of his Audi on Paoakalani and then they yell "Cut!" and then move back around the corner to Lemon and resume filming there with Higgy entering the entrance on Lemon.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#110 Post by Sam »

Hi Ivan...
I see it the same as you do.Higgins definitely made a left turn on Paoakalani.They make his walk appear longer by cutting to the hotel sign.
Had he just parked on Lemon the camera would be pointed down Lemon towards Diamond head...
K Hale clip...

https://vimeo.com/260084781
I see you're a fan of the original Hawaii Five-O that hotel was used in an episode I don't remember which one but you see Mcgarrett entering the hotel...also Lemon was used in the Susan Dey episode.

Fleet Admiral

#111 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Sam wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:33 am Hi Ivan...
I see it the same as you do.Higgins definitely made a left turn on Paoakalani.They make his walk appear longer by cutting to the hotel sign.
Had he just parked on Lemon the camera would be pointed down Lemon towards Diamond head...
K Hale clip...

https://vimeo.com/260084781
I see you're a fan of the original Hawaii Five-O that hotel was used in an episode I don't remember which one but you see Mcgarrett entering the hotel...also Lemon was used in the Susan Dey episode.
I do seem to vividly recall Andrew Prine and his cohort "Kimo-sabe" (lol) driving down what is probably Lemon (definitely somewhere in Waikiki) to some hotel. Maybe Susan Dey too, can't recall. This was the episode "Target? The Lady" from season 8.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#112 Post by Sam »

Hi Ivan...The scene with Dey was...She was being chased by two guys..she ends up parking her car by the zoo and running across the street and hides on Lemon.

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#113 Post by charybdis1966 »

Having re-watched this recently I think this falls foul of the problem I have with "Of sound mind" - too much cringeworthy comedy. From the outset that valley in Hawaii looked absolutely nothing like Northern Ireland as we all now know from the Game of Thrones what it does looks like. That probably coloured my view of the story from then on in.
Granted the budget for a TV series couldn't allow on location shooting abroad that often (I can only recall Deja Vu where it was) so I concede I'm probably being churlish about that. :oops:

Plus "Legs" was a delightful visual distraction.

I know this season 3 closer is fairly highly regarded but I wasn't especially impressed with this however I did watch it.

I skipped Two birds of a feather and Basket case, the former because I find blatant spin off fodder passed off as a regular MPI episode a tad tiresome and as soon as I saw the annoying kid in Basket Case I hurried onto the next episode (Birdman of Budapest).