When I write HTBAWCPI:
Investigator corrections:
Higgins musings:
4th wall breaks: 1
Negotiations:
Famous guest stars: 1 Elisha Cook
Magnumometer: 3

Potential magnumania usernames: Thomas Milton, Harold Farber

Even though Rick drove TC’s van to deliver the muscatel, you can see the Audi parked next to the elevator when Rick is on the closed captioned TV. It is also pointed in the opposite direction Thomas parked it (in the same spot) when he and Patch came for lunch/open heart surgery. Flub?

At the end, why does TC take off without Rick and Thomas, leaving them on the roof with the two goons? Doesn't seem very TC like.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ghost Writer (2.12)

#77 Post by T.Q. »

ENSHealy wrote:2.12 GHOST WRITER
Hawaiian shirts:
Island Hopper shirts:
Magnum Body Count:
Magnum gunshot wounds:
Shirtless:
Little Voice:
I know what you’re thinking: 1
When I write HTBAWCPI:
Investigator corrections:
Higgins musings:
4th wall breaks: 1
Negotiations:
Famous guest stars: 1 Elisha Cook
Magnumometer: 3

Potential magnumania usernames: Thomas Milton, Harold Farber

Even though Rick drove TC’s van to deliver the muscatel, you can see the Audi parked next to the elevator when Rick is on the closed captioned TV. It is also pointed in the opposite direction Thomas parked it (in the same spot) when he and Patch came for lunch/open heart surgery. Flub?

At the end, why does TC take off without Rick and Thomas, leaving them on the roof with the two goons? Doesn't seem very TC like.
Love your rundowns ENSHealy.

You should skip over to season 4 and help me out.

I'm worried I missed some for my Fourth Wall project.

Can always return to fill the holes. :P
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#78 Post by ENSHealy »

Actually, I'm kind of filling holes now, working through Season 2. About a year and a half ago, I started watching the series from the beginning, taking notes on stuff. But it wasn't until about halfway through season 2 that the Magnumometer idea became fully formed. The first one I posted was for 2.14 Computer Date, in April 2018. I kept going forward from there until I got to 3.18 Forty Years from Sand Island, then decided to loop back and fill in the gap. But I'm almost caught up, then I'll pick up at 3.19 again. So season 4 won't be far away.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#79 Post by ENSHealy »

Flub: If Thomas and the Senator's wife are going to the Penthouse....why did they get off on the 4th floor?

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#80 Post by ENSHealy »

Car Continuity Flub

TM and Ms. Fowler arrive for "dinner or open heart surgery" and park the Audi front-in:

The next day, Rick delivers the muscatel in T.C.'s van:

Yet the Audi is parked behind him, backed in to the spot nearest the elevator:

When Ms. Fowler, TM and the Senator's wife arrive later in the day, they're driving the Senator's wife's Caddy, not the Audi:

I mean, it's a minor thing, but there's no reason for the Audi to be there while Rick is delivering the muscatel.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#81 Post by ENSHealy »

ENSHealy wrote:Actually, I'm kind of filling holes now, working through Season 2. About a year and a half ago, I started watching the series from the beginning, taking notes on stuff. But it wasn't until about halfway through season 2 that the Magnumometer idea became fully formed. The first one I posted was for 2.14 Computer Date, in April 2018. I kept going forward from there until I got to 3.18 Forty Years from Sand Island, then decided to loop back and fill in the gap. But I'm almost caught up, then I'll pick up at 3.19 again. So season 4 won't be far away.
Looks like I was a little off above. The first actual Magnumometer wasn't posted until 2.19 Double Jeopardy, and it didn't have a name yet:

By the next episode, I'd conjured up the name Magnumometer:

But the current form of it has evolved quite a bit:

So I still have a few more episodes before I close the gap, then I'll hop forward to 3.19 and keep rolling. It's been a blast compiling these.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#82 Post by Gorilla Mask »

For the most part, a good episode with a tense and fine tuned action scene (the sniper's one). The scenario is a bit wacky but its originality has to be noted. I appreciate the 'round the camera' scene and the sneaking/fleeing sequence. These goons are really feeble ! :wink:
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."

chitoryu12
Ensign

#83 Post by chitoryu12 »

This episode started off well in the first half, then the second just started to fall apart. It's one of those where the actual reveal isn't really foreshadowed thoroughly enough and the events for most of the episode seem disconnected. It's a total mystery up until Magnum just suddenly pieces everything together in the eleventh hour and explains the whole thing to the audience. Who's Farber's double? Nobody knows! They don't even try to find out!

The ending also has one of the most hamfisted fight scenes I've seen and a really absurd security camera oversight coupled with an incredibly dumb guard.