When I write HTBAWCPI:
Investigator corrections:
Higgins musings: 2
4th wall breaks: 1
Negotiations: 1
Famous guest stars:
Higgins Organizations:
Magnumometer: 5

Potential magnumania usernames: Lady Ashley (taken), The Lady Ashley, Paolo, Prince Albert, Prince Albert Memorial

Tried something new: a video compilation of the Magnumometer moments from the episode.
https://vimeo.com/371747429

And last, but not least, in follow up to my previous comment:
ENSHealy wrote:Did anyone else think that the plane that takes off in the background at the end looked "photoshopped" in. Obviously, not photoshop, but whatever tech they would have used at the time. It looks almost cartoony, I think because the light on the plane and the light in the scene are different.
Here's the scene. Anyone else think that plane looks dropped in from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
https://vimeo.com/371762281
Magnumometer refresh after watching the episode again for the 40th Anniversary Watch Party. (Which I was late to, not catching on until Season 2 Episode 13. I saw the string title and and thought it only referred to the pilot episode, it took me more than a year to realize the point was to watch all the episodes again on their 40th anniversaries.)

EPISODE: 2.14 Computer Date

Famous guest stars:
Hawaiian shirts: 1
Tigers Cap: 2
Island Hopper shirts:
Shirtless Magnum:
OMG:
Higgins Organizations:
Higgins musings: 3
Negotiations: 1
Gun Play: 1
Bullet wounds:
Body Count (by Magnum):
Little Voice:
I know what you’re thinking:
When I write HTBAWCPI:
Investigator corrections:
4th wall breaks: 1
Magnumometer: 9
Magnumometer Moments: https://vimeo.com/371747429
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Re: Computer Date (2.14)

#92 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I watched this one today on itunes and it shows it runs 54 minutes. Most episodes run for 48 minutes, so where do the extra 6 minutes come from?

502-to-right
Lieutenant Commander

#93 Post by 502-to-right »

I watched this one last night. I enjoyed it--definitely above average, especially compared to some of the earlier mid-season 2 episodes.

A few thoughts:

Lady Ashley was better looking than I would have thought. At the end she is clearly a younger actress in makeup, but she looks good to me for what her age was supposed to be. I concur with the person upthread who noted the terrible makeup jobs in Mad Buck, Ghost Writer (Elisha Cook as fake Farber), and this episode. Just awful--especially Mad Buck and GW.

It was discussed upthread but I think the reason Rick is so mad at Magnum is because he thinks Magnum told Randolph about him, even though Magnum told Rick he didn't. Rick didn't believe Magnum was telling the truth.

Rick's behavior was pretty scummy. I would have preferred that Magnum tell Rick directly what a scumbag he was being when explaining he didn't rat him out.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#94 Post by Aloha Friday »

I liked this one...gave it an 8.5. Lots of good Magnum PI stuff in it. The relationships between the 4 primary characters go a little deeper in depth, Magnum working Higgins into shape, Mac helping with a favor, etc. The ending was classic with Higgins lighting up after the introduction to Lady Penelope's travel companion. The only negative for me is the disconnect between the two Lady Ashley storylines. I thought Lady Penelope was a different character altogether since JH said they were engaged before he went into the military...the other Lady Ashley, he met when his vehicle broke down on the side of a road when he was a young soldier. I didn't catch on they were both "Lady Ashley" until reading the reviews on this board. As a stand-alone episode though I thought it was very good.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia