No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 126

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

Re: Memories Are Forever (1) (2.5)

#76 Post by ENSHealy »

I believe this episode is the first time we see Rick driving the silver Mercedes instead of the 280Z. It's seen again in Wave Goodbye, parked next to TC's van at the chopper pad.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

karolis
Admiral

Re:

#77 Post by karolis »

Cutter wrote:I have to mention another interesting point...in the begining after the dream...Magnum is shown swimming and eventually runs into the study...if you watch the crossfade from waking up from the dream to the swim you will see TM standing in the water before he he starts to swim. He of course then pretends it was a long swim.

The funny thing with pointing out the flubs is that it is like having a wife or girlfriend you are in love with....you see the flaws...they are interesting...but don't matter at all in enjoying the experience. :D
Here it is:

karolis
Admiral

#78 Post by karolis »

LION wrote:i wanted to see if anybody else noticed this.
when magnum opens the door to leave the guest house after two nights without sleep
right before the dogs greet him at the bottom of the steps.
if you look into the guest house you see it is a solid floor all the way to the wall, and they cut a wood piece to look like the step rails.
and it is set on top of a solid floor. not a flub, but something i noticed and wanted to share
I took a screenshot of it:

karolis
Admiral

#79 Post by karolis »

ConchRepublican wrote:Rewatching this episode in HD I caught something new. When Higgins enlarges the picture of Michelle and confirms she's wearing the cross, a tear rolls out of Thomas' eye.

I never noticed this before.
I have been rewatching this episode again, this time in HD, and i noticed this only today.
Here's the screenshots:
Image Image

karolis
Admiral

#80 Post by karolis »

ENSHealy wrote: New flub: when Higgins delivers the prints to Magnum, he quickly shuffles through them. Just before he gets to the one where the team ring pendant has the "flare" that he later asks Higgins to remove, there's a copy where the team ring pendant is not blurred out by a reflection, it's clear as day. There was no need for Higgins to redevelop the negative with the "flare."
I noticed it too, here's the screenshot:
The on on the left has team ring a little bit blurred but it still would be clearly identified.

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

Re:

#81 Post by ENSHealy »

zebra3 wrote:As Magnum speaks with Michelle halfway through the episode, we get a nice close up of her sitting in the wicker chair in his room. The very same chair he fired two warning shots at the Soviet man who sat there in "From Moscow to Maui." However, there are no bullet holes! They seem to have disappeared.
Of course we know IRL there are no actual bullet holes, but here are some screen caps showing they didn't bother to put any fake ones in the chair either. Although one could argue that TM was only trying to unnerve the KGB guy, so he just made sure to aim for the holes in the wicker. :P (Someone with more knowledge of military medals/ribbons will have to take a look and see if one of TM's is for pistol marksmanship, if such a thing exists. I believe it does for rifle).

Just for fun I've also included the first "Magnum muzzle flash"

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#82 Post by ENSHealy »

Does anyone know if there is a particular name for the type of dress Michelle is wearing in TM's nightmare/flashback/premonition at the beginning of this episode?

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#83 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

ENSHealy wrote:Does anyone know if there is a particular name for the type of dress Michelle is wearing in TM's nightmare/flashback/premonition at the beginning of this episode?

ENSHealy, I have no idea what it's called but Michelle looks positively ravishing in it! I'm in love!!

Don't tell me you're trying to get Mrs. ENSHealy to wear it for Halloween as well. :lol:

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#84 Post by ENSHealy »

ENSHealy, I have no idea what it's called but Michelle looks positively ravishing in it! I'm in love!!

Don't tell me you're trying to get Mrs. ENSHealy to wear it for Halloween as well. :lol:
You are wise, grasshopper....
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

Fleet Admiral

#85 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

ENSHealy wrote:

You are wise, grasshopper....
I guessed correctly?? Alriiiiiiiiight!! :D

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#86 Post by ENSHealy »

It turns out "lavender chinese dress" in google will do the trick!

For the record, the actual name is cheongsam...and one is on the way!

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

Fleet Admiral

#87 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

ENSHealy wrote:It turns out "lavender chinese dress" in google will do the trick!

For the record, the actual name is cheongsam...and one is on the way!

If I was Ivanka instead of Ivan I would wear one myself! :D It's quite lovely!!

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

Re: Re:

#88 Post by perfectlykevin »

karolis wrote:
Cutter wrote:I have to mention another interesting point...in the begining after the dream...Magnum is shown swimming and eventually runs into the study...if you watch the crossfade from waking up from the dream to the swim you will see TM standing in the water before he he starts to swim. He of course then pretends it was a long swim.

The funny thing with pointing out the flubs is that it is like having a wife or girlfriend you are in love with....you see the flaws...they are interesting...but don't matter at all in enjoying the experience. :D
Here it is:
What's with that little guy just over Magnum's shoulder??? Is this the wallpaper?

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

Re: Re:

#89 Post by ENSHealy »

perfectlykevin wrote:
What's with that little guy just over Magnum's shoulder??? Is this the wallpaper?
I've bold underlined the explanation. It's the start of the swimming scene being gradually overlaid (crossfaded) with the previous scene.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#90 Post by ENSHealy »

2.5 MEMORIES ARE FOREVER
Hawaiian shirts: 1
Island Hopper shirts:
Magnum Body Count: 1.5 (3 but in a dream)
Magnum gunshot wounds:
Shirtless: 1
Little Voice:
I know what you’re thinking: 1
When I write HTBAWCPI:
Investigator corrections:
Higgins musings: 3
4th wall breaks:
Negotiations: 2
Famous guest stars:
Magnumometer: 9.5

Potential magnumania usernames: General Hue, Michelle (taken), Madame Hue (taken), Colonel Ki, Buck (taken), Buck Greene, Colonel Greene, Col Buck Greene (taken), Colonel Buck Greene, Lady Ashley (taken), The Prince Albert Memorial

I've made several comments already about this episode, so I'll just add this here: it's so clear this is a Bellasario script, it absolutely crackles! I wish he'd written more of the episodes.

Obvious Stunt Driver:

CRUCIAL CONVERSATIONS
:

TC: You just should not go trying to scratch a wound that’s beginning to heal, man, you could get infected real bad...real bad.

Higgins: Magnum, I don’t know if you’re pulling my leg, as you Yanks put it, or not, but you are acting frightfully strange
Magnum: Strange?
Higgins: Yes, You’re being nice.
Magnum: I’m sorry Higgins, I didn’t know that was bad.
Higgins: No, with anyone else it wouldn’t be, but with you, one must be suspicious.
Magnum: Well, I will try and revert to type.
Higgins: Please, you’re upsetting our relationship. Being nice makes me…quite uncomfortable.
Magnum: Does that mean you don’t want anything for me using the darkroom this morning?
Higgins: Not that uncomfortable. I’m debating whether to take the Ferrari for a month or have you exercise the lads until I’m through writing my memoirs.
Magnum: Exercise the dogs? How?
Higgins: By having them chase you, of course.

Magnum: I’d made it a point over the years to avoid the section of Honolulu called “Little Saigon,” afraid it would bring back too many memories. But now that I knew Michelle was alive and in the islands, it was the first place I thought to look for her. I’d lost her in Old Saigon, maybe I could find her in this new one.

Michelle: Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. My last confession was April 29, 1975.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence