1%

Total votes: 129

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Re: Tropical Madness (2.7)

#91 Post by K Hale »

ENSHealy wrote:
K Hale wrote:
☨magnum.t wrote:I remember he did it to J. Digger and the Ballerina in "The Sixth Position" although the later could be argued it was mutual lol
Def mutual... but I don't recall the Digger one?
Here they both are:

Oh yes. I guess I blocked that scene out due to it being all about Magnum making out with that person while Higgins was being kidnapped and tortured. NO TIME FOR LOVE, DR. JONES!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#92 Post by Gorilla Mask »

My two cents about TM forced kiss: If it was not to justify (in the script) Higgin's punch, it may well be that the aim was to provoke that (creepy, you're right :? ) woman. If she reacted positively to his kiss, then that would have meaned she was really (coldly) calculating her behave towards Higgins, no ?

Edit: apart from this somewhat incongruous kiss, the episode presents a solid pitch from my point of view: a subtle "twin-twist" plot (first the ol' uncle's unfinshed book about the North africa campaign, then the double crossing of the poor girl (really naive) by the art burgler); some great actors scenes (Higgin's Punch, wov, even TM made three steps backwards !! :lol: an hilarious interruption by T.C. at the end, TS quite good in the ambivalent posture of the (possibly) evicted suitor/ close friend of Higgins; good performance of Devon Ericson in her play of the cold-while-distinguished and pusillanimous Miss Chapman).

Nevertheless, Some others sides are more dull: The two goons are quite goofies for me (but wasn't it made on purpose ?) and, yes, Chapman is REALLY gullible. Edit: did i says that i found the endearing scene between Higgins and Miss Chapman (as an aftermath to Higgins hit and Magnum Bruise on the cheek...) a little weepy-soppy... :wink:

My wife really enjoys Chapman's house. Nice place to be indeed ! 8)
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#93 Post by K Hale »

Out of nowhere, a question occurred to me. I thought you had to be a member of the KKC (or a guest of one) in order to be there. Yet we see Jennifer sitting in the beach bar part of the club drinking tea. How did she do this without being a member? And if she joined, why doesn’t Higgins (as a board member, if not chairman by this point) already know who she is? If she’s someone’s guest, it seems like he would know that too.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#94 Post by Pahonu »

K Hale wrote:Out of nowhere, a question occurred to me. I thought you had to be a member of the KKC (or a guest of one) in order to be there. Yet we see Jennifer sitting in the beach bar part of the club drinking tea. How did she do this without being a member? And if she joined, why doesn’t Higgins (as a board member, if not chairman by this point) already know who she is? If she’s someone’s guest, it seems like he would know that too.
I don’t know the answer to this, but sometimes clubs have reciprocal privileges. Most yacht clubs do. A friend of mine was a longtime member of Shoreline Yacht Club here in Long Beach. Over the years went to a handful of other yacht clubs nearby using these reciprocal privileges. I was his guest. I believe some country clubs and others of the type do something similar. I know it’s very common among yacht clubs.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#95 Post by K Hale »

Pahonu wrote:
K Hale wrote:Out of nowhere, a question occurred to me. I thought you had to be a member of the KKC (or a guest of one) in order to be there. Yet we see Jennifer sitting in the beach bar part of the club drinking tea. How did she do this without being a member? And if she joined, why doesn’t Higgins (as a board member, if not chairman by this point) already know who she is? If she’s someone’s guest, it seems like he would know that too.
I don’t know the answer to this, but sometimes clubs have reciprocal privileges. Most yacht clubs do. A friend of mine was a longtime member of Shoreline Yacht Club here in Long Beach. Over the years went to a handful of other yacht clubs nearby using these reciprocal privileges. I was his guest. I believe some country clubs and others of the type do something similar. I know it’s very common among yacht clubs.
Well, that makes sense.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!