1%

Total votes: 144

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: China Doll (1.3)

#166 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

T.Q. wrote:
IvanTheTerrible wrote:
Oh the waterfall is still there. I even have a video of it that I took. Falls from the second floor to the first floor. Unless there was another one higher up, where the bar area was. I need to check out that episode again. But anyway that area is now the pool area and the dining area. I had breakfast there every morning - it was included in my hotel package :D

Yes Computer Date was the other episode that was filmed there.
Maybe waterfall was off as part of the renovations last year.

This one right?

Yep! That's the one! :D Beautiful sight, isn't it??

I was debating last year whether to stay at the Hyatt or the Marriott. Both have Five-O and MPI connections and both are very nice! "The Jororo Kill" featured the Marriott where Zulu from Five-O appeared as the doorman. Ultimately the breakfast buffet inclusion at the Hyatt swayed me to stay there.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#167 Post by T.Q. »

IvanTheTerrible wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
IvanTheTerrible wrote:
Oh the waterfall is still there. I even have a video of it that I took. Falls from the second floor to the first floor. Unless there was another one higher up, where the bar area was. I need to check out that episode again. But anyway that area is now the pool area and the dining area. I had breakfast there every morning - it was included in my hotel package :D

Yes Computer Date was the other episode that was filmed there.
Maybe waterfall was off as part of the renovations last year.

This one right?

Yep! That's the one! :D Beautiful sight, isn't it??

I was debating last year whether to stay at the Hyatt or the Marriott. Both have Five-O and MPI connections and both are very nice! "The Jororo Kill" featured the Marriott where Zulu from Five-O appeared as the doorman. Ultimately the breakfast buffet inclusion at the Hyatt swayed me to stay there.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#168 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Love it! :D "Thicker Than Blood"?

I should probably upload my pics and videos of the waterfall that I took.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#169 Post by Magnum T. »

I just watched this episode in HD for the first time, the Orange Bikini Girl on the screen and I was...

"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#170 Post by Gorilla Mask »

China Doll is definitively one of my favourite season 1 épisodes.

When i was a kid i was just frightened by the Tong Enforcer !

The trivia beetween TM and Higgins about the QE II safe is just hilarious !

The pace and balance between narration/explanation and action is quite good (these assets are very importants for me).

I really loved Ian Freebairn-Smith tune when TM just realize he was fooled by the Tong and get back, RPM needle in the red, to the chinese garden.

As it was already said in this topic, this opus really stresses the tight brothership beetween the three Vietnam vets. Rick had a very good play as a "velo-taxi', was really brave and, indeed, could run.. fast ! :shock:

However (as Always) i have a couple of questioning:

- Is Pin ling (the guy in the cemetery, with the same clothes than the Tong), dead ?

- Why the heck the post prod had Added these bionics sounds? Was it to suggest the Tong supernatural swiftness, sneaking around ? :lol:

However, a very good episode and really entertaining.
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#171 Post by Pahonu »

Gorilla Mask wrote:China Doll is definitively one of my favourite season 1 épisodes.

When i was a kid i was just frightened by the Tong Enforcer !

The trivia beetween TM and Higgins about the QE II safe is just hilarious !

The pace and balance between narration/explanation and action is quite good (these assets are very importants for me).

I really loved Ian Freebairn-Smith tune when TM just realize he was fooled by the Tong and get back, RPM needle in the red, to the chinese garden.

As it was already said in this topic, this opus really stresses the tight brothership beetween the three Vietnam vets. Rick had a very good play as a "velo-taxi', was really brave and, indeed, could run.. fast ! :shock:

However (as Always) i have a couple of questioning:

- Is Pin ling (the guy in the cemetery, with the same clothes than the Tong), dead ?

- Why the heck the post prod had Added these bionics sounds? Was it to suggest the Tong supernatural swiftness, sneaking around ? :lol:

However, a very good episode and really entertaining.
It’s a favorite first season episode of mine too, along with No Need to Know, J. “Digger” Doyle, and the pilot.

So many people have commented on the bionic sound. It is odd and I don’t think anyone knows why it was used for certain.

I think we’re meant to assume Pin is killed in the cemetery. After all, the tong had killed the sailor in the bar with a blow to the head by his hand. Pin was struck in the head by a flying kick!

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#172 Post by Italian Ice »

I would say that it's 100% true that the eye brow shot was the same shot in reverse. They just stopped short on the reversed shot.

The top of the collar is exactly the same, so is the pattern of the shirt and his hair etc. It's so awesome of a discussion too :)
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

MandyIsA10
Lieutenant

#173 Post by MandyIsA10 »

I don’t believe Pin was killed. I think they referenced it at the end where he was involved in taking the item back. Ho and the sailor were killed. I could be wrong?

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#174 Post by Pahonu »

MandyIsA10 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:01 am I don’t believe Pin was killed. I think they referenced it at the end where he was involved in taking the item back. Ho and the sailor were killed. I could be wrong?
Did Mai Ling say Pin had taken the vase back? I don’t recall, but thought she implied other family doing so, just as they had been caring for it for generations.

MandyIsA10
Lieutenant

#175 Post by MandyIsA10 »

Now I gotta watch it again. Lol but that’s a good thing. I always hoped that Pin survived the kick. I’ll check again.

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#176 Post by Gorilla Mask »

One thing is sure, the actor who plays Pin ling had one of the shortest roles of the whole series! :lol:
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."

emenius
Commander

#177 Post by emenius »

I like the beginning when Duffy name's several martial arts, Shotokan, Kung Fu, Tae Won Do (mispronuncement?), kung fun and Shito-ryu. Mr. Bellisario seems to a thing or two about them, specially the Okinawan and Japanese one's. Most shows or movies used to just use the term karate for everything.

Ed