5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 109

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Re: Skin Deep (1.6)

#121 Post by K Hale »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:
T.Q. wrote:Yes. Seems there’s an attack on masculinity these days...
Yes, especially when they keep adding the word "toxic" in front of "masculinity".
Discouraging men from seeking help for mental health issues because it's "not manly" is an example of toxic masculinity. It's quite detrimental to men.

Masculinity itself is not toxic.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#122 Post by ENSHealy »

T.Q. wrote:Yes. Seems there’s an attack on masculinity these days... but glad there have been steps in putting aside the “man up” stuff when it comes to mental and emotional pain and more encouragement to get men to open up about their issues instead of suppressing them.
Mad Kudu Buck wrote:Yes, especially when they keep adding the word "toxic" in front of "masculinity".
Something tells me we're going down two different paths here....
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

brianw
Rear Admiral

#123 Post by brianw »

Good ep, I like the early ones a lot. TM gets shot AGAIN, he must have just recovered from getting shot in the pilot ep.

Algernon Farnsworth
Lieutenant Commander

Was David Norman based on John Derek?

#124 Post by Algernon Farnsworth »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Derek

Was David Norman based on John Derek? Found out about him recently, a former actor turned B-movie director with a preference for young blondes that he would promise to make famous, such as Ursula Andress, Linda Evans, and Bo Derek.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: Was David Norman based on John Derek?

#125 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Algernon Farnsworth wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:57 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Derek

Was David Norman based on John Derek? Found out about him recently, a former actor turned B-movie director with a preference for young blondes that he would promise to make famous, such as Ursula Andress, Linda Evans, and Bo Derek.
Sounds about right. I loved John Derek's role of Joshua in the 1956 Cecil B. DeMille classic THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. But in real life the guy sounded like a creep. He ditched his wife and kids and ran off to be with a very young Ursula Andress (pre-Dr. NO). Then a few years later ditched her for Linda Evans. Then ditched her for Bo Derek (who was underage at the time). A real prince of a guy. :roll:

waverly2211
Captain

Re: Was David Norman based on John Derek?

#126 Post by waverly2211 »

Algernon Farnsworth wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:57 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Derek

I was told that many producers would often make up characters based on a composite of real actors they loved or hated. They would use bits of real life experiences from multiple bad encounters to make up the "perfect" villain. Or use the good ones for the perfect good guy.

On another note, Marry Collins/Bo Derek, was by neighbors locker partner in Jr. High School.