No votes
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 153

HonoluluLulu
Ensign

Re: Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii (1) (1.1)

#151 Post by HonoluluLulu »

I always loved the original theme and opening sequence. There is something magical about it that sinks me into that lost time and place yet brings it alive again, hopelessly nostalgic, yet timeless. I am not sure how to explain it, but it makes those early episodes feel different.

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#152 Post by Nikita70 »

It’s shoddy but that’s Mill Creek for ya. I’m just happy they included subtitles, something they did not do for the Blu-ray releases of Miami Vice and Rockford Files, if they had I would own those too.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#153 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Pahonu wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:57 am
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:49 pm
Nikita70 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:49 pm Revisited this one last night. The Blu-ray looks great. As mentioned elsewhere, he is wearing the Chronosport without numbers on the dial. I wonder when they switched to the Chronosport with numbers, and why.
I also really wish Millcreek had kept the original opening credits with the original theme.
What do you mean about original theme? You're saying the Mill Creek Blu-Rays are using the Mike Post theme for the pilot episode? :? If so that's really shoddy. That's something you expect to see on TV in reruns, not on an official Blu-Ray release.
To add, the original jazzy theme wasn’t just from the pilot. A shortened version was used in the first eight or so episodes, following the revving Ferrari.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JumPsCbB7rQ

I always enjoyed the original theme in the pilot, particularly because the credits very creatively included the croix motif in the visuals.
Yep the original version by Ian Freebairn-Smith was used in the first 11 episodes, the last being "The Curse of the King Kamehameha Club". Starting with "Thicker Than Blood" we got the new Post/Carpenter version.

I agree the croix motif looked really cool in the pilot intro.

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#154 Post by charybdis1966 »

Pahonu wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:57 am
To add, the original jazzy theme wasn’t just from the pilot. A shortened version was used in the first eight or so episodes, following the revving Ferrari.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JumPsCbB7rQ

I always enjoyed the original theme in the pilot, particularly because the credits very creatively included the croix motif in the visuals.
Me too, I always thought the original Ian Freebairn-Smith theme was cool and funky. If it was up to me (which it clearly isn't) I would prefer they used that for the opening then the Mike Post theme for the end credits.