It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 24%  24%  [ 21 ]
7.5 (Decent) 18%  18%  [ 16 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 15%  15%  [ 13 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 13%  13%  [ 11 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 88
 Post subject: Re: Adelaide (1.14)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:56 am 
Admiral

Whether Norman had a hand in it or not, I always had figured Charles had a heart attack (and it would make sense that Norman frightened him back after being spooked).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:04 pm 
Fleet Admiral

I watched this one again last night and I totally agree that Normal trampled Uncle Charles, especially with TM saying "it's not your fault, it's not your fault at all!" But I will say it really didn't make it very clear and I had to watch that part twice to figure out what happened.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:29 pm 
Admiral

Milton Collins wrote:
I watched this one again last night and I totally agree that Normal trampled Uncle Charles, especially with TM saying "it's not your fault, it's not your fault at all!" But I will say it really didn't make it very clear and I had to watch that part twice to figure out what happened.

Exactly. That's a Klute level of ambiguity not usually seen in Magnum unless it were a paranormal-themed episode (see the end of "Rapture").

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:09 pm 
Admiral

So watching it again, we do see Norman chase Charles out of the stable. Nowadays, if a scene like this happened, we'd have heard Norman make sounds and see more evidence of a trampling, but neither happens in this case. Magnum indeed just finds Charles on the ground outside the stable looking surprisingly unscathed. :P No wonder we got so confused! :lol:

Also, slightly off-topic, I'm 99% sure Christine Belford got a rhinoplasty after this episode. It would also explain why she started getting roles much different than Adelaide (snooty, rich, absorbed types instead) as the 80s went on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:36 pm 
Rear Admiral

Horse person here. This episode was so bad in terms of realism that I can't stand to watch it. Literally everything anyone said or did was wrong, wrong, wrong. Would make a great Rifftrax entry. I was going to make a post about all the flubs but it became too depressing.

It would have taken very little effort or expense to hire one (1) person who knows which end eats hay to give a look-see at the script before shooting began, but I guess they reserved that for issues involving guns and helicopters. :lol:

Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:34 pm 
Admiral

K Hale wrote:
Horse person here. This episode was so bad in terms of realism that I can't stand to watch it. Literally everything anyone said or did was wrong, wrong, wrong. Would make a great Rifftrax entry. I was going to make a post about all the flubs but it became too depressing.

It would have taken very little effort or expense to hire one (1) person who knows which end eats hay to give a look-see at the script before shooting began, but I guess they reserved that for issues involving guns and helicopters. :lol:

Now I imagine the Rifftrax voices. :lol: Some early episodes make surprisingly little sense. (Eric's fate in "Missing in Action" readily comes to mind.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:20 am 
Rear Admiral

Also, what is so funny about ensuring security for a valuable horse? These are the same guys who made a very big deal out of ensuring security for a carved figurine that was worth a fraction of what the horse was said to be worth. What's the joke?

Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:17 am 
Founding Father

thechickinthemiddle wrote:
So watching it again, we do see Norman chase Charles out of the stable. Nowadays, if a scene like this happened, we'd have heard Norman make sounds and see more evidence of a trampling, but neither happens in this case. Magnum indeed just finds Charles on the ground outside the stable looking surprisingly unscathed. :P No wonder we got so confused! :lol:

Also, slightly off-topic, I'm 99% sure Christine Belford got a rhinoplasty after this episode. It would also explain why she started getting roles much different than Adelaide (snooty, rich, absorbed types instead) as the 80s went on.

Sorry dude, she's hot! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:10 am 
Baron Of GIFs

K Hale wrote:
What's the joke?

Well, he thought his client was a human and it turned out to be a horse. It's like a doctor being called for an emergency housecall only to find out his patient is a cow.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:20 pm 
Admiral

J.J. Walters wrote:
thechickinthemiddle wrote:

Sorry dude, she's hot! :)

Don't disagree with you there. (Also, darn expired image embeds.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8