Letter to Brian Grazer

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Carmen
MPI

#11 Post by Carmen »

You go, golf :!: :!:
:wink: TS/TM :wink: just one and the same ...

Maybe you can write it in the script just like this: TS/TM
No, I won`t explain to all who now read my post looking like :?: :x
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Olivier
Rear Admiral

#12 Post by Olivier »

Your letter is perfect ! :D I really don' t see what we can add.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#13 Post by Doc Ibold »

Golf, that was FANTASTIC!

Don't think any of us could have done it any better. Your pointing out of the "Magnum Reunion" on Las Vegas is tangible proof of the support of the old cast!

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by MPS »

Your letter is fabulous! I can't imagine any additions or changes :)
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#15 Post by golfmobile »

Hi, guys!

I cleaned it up by putting the plot suggestions on a separate page/attachment, and I sent the email this morning, with the hard copy for regular mail to go to the PO later this morning.

I don't know that we will EVER hear anything in response -- not like Larry Manetti's brief responses when we email him, huh? But at least we know Larry reads what we may have written to him.

Of course, if I ever do hear or see anything (other than the MAILER-DAEMON sending it back because his spam filter deleted it), you KNOW I will let you know first!!!

golf

P.S. I posted too soon! The MAILER DAEMON just sent the email back, so we're back to the hard copy being the only hope. It didn't say why, as in invalid email address or mailbox full -- just a "permanent error." (If anyone needs to see the return path to determine the problem, let me know.)

So, sorry, folks! If anyone ever finds a better email address, let me know, and I can always try again.
"Portside, buddy."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#16 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Thanks for the effort. Like you said, I'm sure they won't take our opinions into consideration, but it is nice to at least know we were able to voice it to someone.

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#17 Post by tidal pool »

golfmobile wrote:I don't know that we will EVER hear anything in response -- not like Larry Manetti's brief responses when we email him, huh? But at least we know Larry reads what we may have written to him.
Why not email a copy of the letter to Larry? He would probably enjoy reading it and he might even forward it to the appropriate people.

info@larrymanetti.com
TS or NO MOVIE!

Carmen
MPI

#18 Post by Carmen »

:D Tidal Pool, just what I thought when I read that.

How about it Golf?? By what he answered I also think he would enjoy it.

Sparkle & Fizz
Rear Admiral

#19 Post by Sparkle & Fizz »

A sincere "thank you" for composing and mailing this letter!

Icepick
Admiral

#20 Post by Icepick »

Good job on that letter!

Perhaps this might get Larry thinking of angles in the industry to work if he knows and they know there is a grassroots movement against the planned film. I mean, have these producers even heard any sort of voice from the public against the film? Probably a resounding not. Look how the voice of fans resulted in Jericho coming back from cancellation for one more go.
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#21 Post by golfmobile »

I'm sorry to report that -- Brian Grazer did not even receive, much less read, our suggestions.

The letter was "returned to sender" and I got it back unopened today, with the notation "Unable to Accept -- Attempted - Not Known -- Unable to Forward."

So I don't know if this was a false address for him or what. And you may recall the email I sent got bounced back too, and now the "hard copy" letter came back.

We are voices crying in the wilderness with no one to hear us . . . .

I had sent an email to Larry Manetti with a short synopsis, but he replied,"I'm sorry but I can't take any script ideas as Universal has all right to it. I appreciate the thought."

:(

Disappointedly,

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Icepick
Admiral

#22 Post by Icepick »

Damn, this sucks! Good on ya for the effort though.

I wonder if Larry can get the address information for us. Or perhaps would he even give us any information for contacts. Surely this wouldn't be against any rules on his part. He must know somebody.
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

Carmen
MPI

#23 Post by Carmen »

:cry: :(

JonnyDaytona
Captain

#24 Post by JonnyDaytona »

Well on the upnote, I still think it's great that LM took the time to reply to your email. 8)
"Ivan?......Did you see the sunrise?'

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Steve »

Like I said before...he is a spiked headed wiener. What grown man put so much effort into making his hair look so bad!!! Tells me a lot about what his personailty is like..........

Steve
Chicago