It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:56 pm 
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Link to Story:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/tom-sellecks-magnum-rage

Mostly what we all know, but this was a new article as of 1/2/2015, so the first Magnum News of 2015.

Personally, I believe in light of his arthritis I would want to not make him do all the action-y stuff, but he could play the role of the savvy mentor, or, given the right body double, pull off one last adventure. Failing that, they should have made him lead producer on the Movie. Let him call the shots, who knows Magnum better? Who would make the fans happiest at the helm? No one :p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:17 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Just glad to hear anything about doing a movie!(Even if it IS in the "Enquirer" :lol: )

BUT.....it would be a HUGE mistake on the part of anybody contemplating it to NOT include TS, ideally as the star, but barring that, in as involved a capacity as would be possible. TS IS Magnum, period.

I suppose it's barely possible that a "new" version/actor might be accepted by those who are not familiar with the original, but WE all know it would never be the same or work at all if TS is replaced, at least for those of us who know and love the original. Personally, I would include all of the original cast in the same category. And rather than use somebody else in JQH place, I'd advise just not having him appear physically onscreen. He could still be in the story, but just not on film. Course, I don't know Hillerman's current situation, he may be up for it...who knows. K.....rambling again. 8)

There I go with the nostalgia again......sorry for showing my age, but some things actually DO get better as time goes by....at least up to a point..... :magnum:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:47 pm 
Maniac Emeritus

I have no idea why, but I love this title.

Maybe I should change the name of the site....

"Magnum Rage".

Ehh, It's better off as a Dirty Harry film,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:23 pm 
Fleet Admiral

This link is dead.

- J.Q.H.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:29 pm 
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

I don't blame him. You would think if someone were going to go ahead with this project they'd try to involve him in some way.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:52 pm 
Admiral

Here's a link to the cached version:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=au

I never saw the original article, but maybe it's been pulled because it was a crappy, unverified article (a 'source' says blah blah blah)

But if it's true, I'd be pissed if I was TS and not asked to be involved.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:47 am 
Lieutenant Commander

I've only seen a couple of interviews with Tom Selleck; & financially, I'm sure he's doing fine - But I kind of got the feeling that the other cast members are not (he mentioned as much) ... I suspect this might be more of the reason for his "Magnum Rage," then his personal pride ... Besides, "Magnum PI," could never work without a "Foil/Father Figure" like Higgins ... And regardless of the other thread's of suggestions, I can't see anyone playing that role, nor Magnum's really ...