Magnum final aims to satisfy fans

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Magnum final aims to satisfy fans

#1 Post by Laohu »

“Magnum P.I” Finale Aims To Satisfy Fans

The fifth season of NBC’s “Magnum P.I.” reboot is its last, the show kicking off its final run of ten episodes earlier this month with the finale titled “The Big Squeeze” to air likely in mid-December.

When NBC picked up the series after CBS scrapped it, the order was for twenty episodes, which would constitute a fifth season, plus an option for more.

In June however, after the first ten episodes had aired, the network opted not to order additional episodes which effectively cancelled the series and cast options expired shortly after.

Thus the finale was already conceived and shot as a season finale, not a series finale, by the time the word came down. Recently, Collider spoke with showrunner Eric Guggenheim about that switch up. He says he thinks the ending of this season will satisfy fans and is something he’s proud of:

“In the case of this season, the finale was not written to be a series finale, but because we hadn’t gotten a pickup, we did take that possibility into consideration as we were crafting it.

When you watch it, you’ll see that we were clearly teeing up some stuff for a Season 6. But first and foremost, we wanted to make sure we covered our bases and that the episode worked as a series finale, if need be.

The last thing we want is for the viewers who have been so wonderful and who have stuck by the show for almost 100 episodes to go away frustrated. That would not be fair. They don’t deserve that.

So, while a couple of things are left unresolved, I do feel like there is enough closure that it works as a finale.”

Asked if he had gotten to do a sixth season or more, what ending would he have been working towards that he never got to do:

“We certainly had no shortage of exciting ideas. I can honestly say that I feel like it had the potential to be our strongest season. We were really excited about some of the ideas that we were kicking around. It was gonna take the show to some interesting places.

As far as an end game, I did have some ideas. It wasn’t quite locked into anything for Season 6, but there were plenty of ideas and it’s disappointing, certainly. But it is what it is.”

He wants to re-affirm that whilst there is some unresolved stuff, it gives good closure and he thinks “the fans will leave happy” but can’t say more for fear of spoilers.

The fifth season continues Wednesdays on NBC.

Riyan17
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Magnum final aims to satisfy fans

#2 Post by Riyan17 »

The Magnum final is poised to deliver a thrilling conclusion, aiming to satiate the voracious appetite of fans eagerly awaiting the culmination of their favorite series. With high stakes and intense anticipation, story saver the finale promises to be a rollercoaster of emotions, ensuring that loyal viewers are rewarded for their dedication with an unforgettable conclusion that will leave them on the edge of their seats.