Season 5 Episode 12: Three Bridges (5.12)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

Perfect
25%
One of the Best
No votes
Excellent
25%
Very Good
No votes
Pretty Good
25%
Decent
25%
Average at Best
No votes
Not So Good
No votes
Pretty Bad
No votes
Just Awful
No votes

Total votes: 4

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 5 Episode 12: Three Bridges (5.12)

#1 Post by KENJI »

No info yet.
Last edited by KENJI on Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 5 Episode 12: Three Bridges (5.12)

#2 Post by KENJI »

Magnum and Higgins try to help Zhao, a close friend of Kumu, recover her life savings that were all lost to a scammer; TC becomes increasingly frustrated at the lack of progress in his recovery and pushes everyone away.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Laohu »

Both Rick and TC continue to shine in this episode. The writers have done such a great job with these characters over the course of the show I hope they leave them all in a good place at the end .

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Another good episode, and I notice Jay produced. He may have a real future as a producer full time. Just the look of the episode shows he is making a lot of good choices.
I understand they had a lower budget for season five but in my opinion the money is well spent, maybe without all the giant fire fights as in season one they were able to
put the moolah into the writing and better use of the location shooting. The shows look good, it shows up in the well thought out and pleasing photography.
Lenkov could take some lessons from producer Jay.

I again read how Hollywood is starved for material and is far behind in developing new series for next year and content for current series. Magnum PI may yet survive, it
garners decent ratings and it would be easier to extend it another year than build from scratch another series or similar cop show.
That's what happened with Petticoat Junction, it was cancelled but another series fell through that CBS was counting on so it was easier to renew it instead, no need to
build new sets and it already had a audience base.

If I was in Vegas and they gave odds on another season I would put down a bet. Okay, not more than a fin, but a bet is a bet.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Laohu »

Based on the quality of the show I think it should survive. I hope the property owners give them a reasonable price so the show can continue. Would be interesting to know if the sets are still in place ? The writers have been on strike so maybe they have not moved on yet ? I would also have to think that the actors are no longer under contract because it has been a long time since the last episode was filmed .
For now I am Just going to enjoy the episodes to come .

Vxc961
Lieutenant

#6 Post by Vxc961 »

Thanks guys! Even when this version of MPI wasn’t totally what I wanted, I enjoyed the locations and the fact that I got more magnum.

I saw the first few eps of season 5 and liked them, but then cut cable. Your positive takes have made me determined to see the rest of season 5, and hope somehow the show gets UN-canceled. Thanks!