Seasoon 5 Episode 10: Charlie Foxtrot (5.10)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

Perfect
33%
One of the Best
No votes
Excellent
33%
Very Good
33%
Pretty Good
No votes
Decent
No votes
Average at Best
No votes
Not So Good
No votes
Pretty Bad
No votes
Just Awful
No votes

Total votes: 6

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Seasoon 5 Episode 10: Charlie Foxtrot (5.10)

#16 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

KENJI wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:37 am
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:36 am
KENJI wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:41 am
Laohu wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:34 am Best hour of network TV that I have seen in a very long time . Everyone involved with the show should be happy with how this turned out . . I am starting to think that the end of the season episode might feature a wedding for Rick not TM .
Hi Laohu,
I agree with you on the Rick wedding comment. You could see the writers planting a few seeds in there hinting towards that outcome. 5.20 could be the very last episode for the reboot.......flashback to the original MPI show and the very last episode was........Rick getting married!!! I'm sure present Rick won't struggle with his vows like Manetti's Rick did....."I"......"I"........ :lol: Maybe Juliette catches the bouquet. :wink:
I think you guys are spot on regarding your wedding theory. I enjoyed this episode, as well as all the episodes of the "first half", behind the scenes and visually things have gotten a lot better.
If anybody asks me I now recommend the reboot as a good series worthy of one's time.
It's not the original, but what series is or could be, it's 40 years later and the reboot is what it is.
I have kept on looking for articles regarding the new production team but curiously NBC still has put nothing out there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve Allen:
Do not allow children to mix drinks. It is unseemly and they use too much vermouth.
Hi Dobie,
It will be interesting to see if they continue with a few of CBS storylines that were left hanging in the wind.....i.e. the white Escalade stalker or even there return of Mia from Judge Me Not (S4E13). I guess we'll know when the second half of the season comes out. I would like to see the Escalade Magnum stalker story for sure....it would be a good one for the finale with Rick's wedding included in the mix. :wink: Actually the original finale had Rick's wedding and Magnum tracking down Linda Lee Ellison's stalker!
KENJI,
Linda Lee Ellison, sigh.
From what I gather, people on line say the next ten episodes will be saved for the Fall because of the writers strike, as the networks fear they won't have other series ready by then.
As opposed to Magnum's "second half" as they have already been filmed and are in post production. At least according to these pundits, I can't vouch for them.
That had been the original plan anyway, then NBC was going to run all 20 this season, now it's back to the split showing.

Gearhard
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Seasoon 5 Episode 10: Charlie Foxtrot (5.10)

#17 Post by Gearhard »

Laohu wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:34 am I am starting to think that the end of the season episode might feature a wedding for Rick not TM .
Well... that is the way the original wrapped up.
Wink....Nod

Glenn