No votes

Total votes: 6

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 5 Episode 6: Dead Ringer (5.6)

#1 Post by KENJI »

19 Mar. 2023

Just a title to this point.
Last edited by KENJI on Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 5 Episode 6: Dead Ringer (5.6)

#2 Post by KENJI »

19 Mar. 2023
Dead Ringer
Katsumoto's hearing date has arrived and he will learn if his career in law enforcement is over for good or not. Magnum and Higgins are hired to investigate a man their client believes committed murder. Rick's suspicions grow on their relationship.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Laohu »

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

KENJI wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:26 pm 19 Mar. 2023
Dead Ringer
Katsumoto's hearing date has arrived and he will learn if his career in law enforcement is over for good or not. Magnum and Higgins are hired to investigate a man their client believes committed murder. Rick's suspicions grow on their relationship.
At the 3:20 mark you can read the address on a package sent to the estate -

Thomas Magnum & Juliet Higgins
Investigations
4155 Kalananade Hwy
Wamanalo, HI 96795

Apparently the highway and town name are made up, though there is a Kalanianaole Hwy. and a Waimanalo.
I assume I read the label correctly, though I broke my glasses and wouldn't swear to it.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#5 Post by Aloha Friday »

I may have found a flub with this storyline...didn't the anesthesiologist say the cop said "they will never find her body" when he was under? Spoiler alert: if she was not dead, there wouldn't be a body to find.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Laohu »

Not sure that is a flub or not . If he was worried that he would die on the operating table maybe he thought the girl would die in the secret room and no one would find her body . There is also the possibility that this was not the first girl he has taken and maybe he was referring to another victim.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by KENJI »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:23 am
KENJI wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:26 pm 19 Mar. 2023
Dead Ringer
At the 3:20 mark you can read the address on a package sent to the estate -

Thomas Magnum & Juliet Higgins
Investigations
4155 Kalananade Hwy
Wamanalo, HI 96795

Apparently the highway and town name are made up, though there is a Kalanianaole Hwy. and a Waimanalo.
I assume I read the label correctly, though I broke my glasses and wouldn't swear to it.
Hi Dobie,
It was hard to see the address clearly, but it looked like Kalanianaole Hwy. was right to me and Wamanalo looked incorrect as you mentioned. It was hard to see if the "i" was missing or not in Waimanalo.....it was a bit of a blur. Having said that I was squinting too when she flipped the envelope over! LOL Anyone else out there with better eyesight?? 8)

Philip Jennings
Lieutenant Commander

#8 Post by Philip Jennings »

KENJI wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:15 pmIt was hard to see the address clearly, but it looked like Kalanianaole Hwy. was right to me and Wamanalo looked incorrect as you mentioned. It was hard to see if the "i" was missing or not in Waimanalo.....it was a bit of a blur. Having said that I was squinting too when she flipped the envelope over! LOL Anyone else out there with better eyesight?? 8)
I channeled my inner-Shiggins-instahacker skills, complete with partially successful "enhance!" voice command, and...

It is Kalanianaole Hwy in Waimanalo. 8)

Amian
Admiral

#9 Post by Amian »

Laohu wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:24 pm Not sure that is a flub or not . If he was worried that he would die on the operating table maybe he thought the girl would die in the secret room and no one would find her body . There is also the possibility that this was not the first girl he has taken and maybe he was referring to another victim.
Now that you mention it, this could go either way. To flub or not to flub.

I am barely on the side of not a flub; I think it's a poorly-made red herring. The peanut butter was a better misdirection.

Amian
Admiral

#10 Post by Amian »

Philip Jennings wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:11 pm
KENJI wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:15 pmIt was hard to see the address clearly, but it looked like Kalanianaole Hwy. was right to me and Wamanalo looked incorrect as you mentioned. It was hard to see if the "i" was missing or not in Waimanalo.....it was a bit of a blur. Having said that I was squinting too when she flipped the envelope over! LOL Anyone else out there with better eyesight?? 8)
I channeled my inner-Shiggins-instahacker skills, complete with partially successful "enhance!" voice command, and...

Nice work!

Amian
Admiral

#11 Post by Amian »

Still enjoying Rick and TC. Rick's actually pretty funny and charismatic in his role.

PDAs between Higgins and Magnum still feel... wrong.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by KENJI »

Well done Philip, well done!!!

Good to see they got it correct.
I don't think 4155 K. Hwy. actually exists though which is probably for the best from the legal end of things. I wish they would've used Pahonu's address, but I'm guessing Marty/Obama wouldn't be too pleased if they did. At the very least it's a partial nod to the original Robin's Nest....imo.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Philip Jennings,
Great job, Magnum-Higgins Investigations should hire you for their firm.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

I wonder where Honolulu ends (or begins) and where other "towns" or "communities" begin. For example would Kahala still be considered Honolulu on one's mailing address? I'm guessing not. What about the Diamond Head area right past Kapiolani Park? What about Kaimuki? I thought these areas still belonged to Honolulu, especially Kaimuki and others like it which are fairly populated and urban. I know places further away like Waimanalo or areas on the North Shore (Haleiwa, Waimea) aren't associated with Honolulu in any way. Since these are basically like villages and definitely not urban areas.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Sam »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:22 pm I wonder where Honolulu ends (or begins) and where other "towns" or "communities" begin. For example would Kahala still be considered Honolulu on one's mailing address? I'm guessing not. What about the Diamond Head area right past Kapiolani Park? What about Kaimuki? I thought these areas still belonged to Honolulu, especially Kaimuki and others like it which are fairly populated and urban. I know places further away like Waimanalo or areas on the North Shore (Haleiwa, Waimea) aren't associated with Honolulu in any way. Since these are basically like villages and definitely not urban areas.
Hi Ivan...I don't know this to be correct...Go to Google maps and search Honolulu, Hi...It outlines Honolulu.