Season 4 Episode 15: Dead Man Walking (4.15)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

Perfect
20%
One of the Best
20%
Excellent
No votes
Very Good
20%
Pretty Good
20%
Decent
No votes
Average at Best
No votes
Not So Good
No votes
Pretty Bad
20%
Just Awful
No votes
Refuse to Watch
No votes

Total votes: 5

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 4 Episode 15: Dead Man Walking (4.15)

#1 Post by KENJI »

When Magnum balks at notorious crime boss Osi Shima's request to find his missing son, Magnum learns he's been poisoned and has only eight hours to locate Shima's son to earn the antidote, or else he dies.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 4 Episode 15: Dead Man Walking (4.15)

#2 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

KENJI wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:46 am When Magnum balks at notorious crime boss Osi Shima's request to find his missing son, Magnum learns he's been poisoned and has only eight hours to locate Shima's son to earn the antidote, or else he dies.
Hi Kenji,
Did I miss this or are you describing an upcoming episode? Is the season over? I note CBS has been running instead something called Big Brother: Celeb Edition.
These "celebs" have no discernible talent, not a whiff of wit or the ability to talk without a script.
Maybe after getting booted from Magnum, Lenkov is plotting revenge by secretly running Big Brother, driving viewers away in such numbers that they will
never return to CBS and thus erode Magnum's future ratings.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Hi Dobie!

This is a future episode.....I believe it will be on your screen for March 4th..
I think it's the Olympics that have thrown off the schedule. Things will get back to normal next week when E.14 airs......Yeah there is no way I could watch any Big Brother, let alone a - Celeb Ed.!

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Laohu »

Not really a original idea but it was fairly well done . I enjoyed Magnum working without his team it is something they should do more of . The rest of the cast had smaller roles but there friendship shine through when they were on screen . The episode left some nice set ups for future episodes going forward .

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Laohu wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:54 am Not really a original idea but it was fairly well done . I enjoyed Magnum working without his team it is something they should do more of . The rest of the cast had smaller roles but there friendship shine through when they were on screen . The episode left some nice set ups for future episodes going forward .
Hi Laohu,
You mentioned how close the cast seems to be now. I have to agree, there is a camaraderie that is evident onscreen now as opposed to season one when
both TC and Rick sleep walked thru their parts as if expecting the series not to get renewed.
The tug of war at episode's end seemed more like it was filmed at a cast party, it was obvious they were having a blast.
I just noticed that Jay is the producer, is this a new thing or has he been doing it for awhile? Maybe he is responsible for this series being much better
since Lenkov got the boot?
I still think he was miscast as Magnum, but that's not his fault, of course he jumped at the chance. Who wouldn't?
Ever since I divorced myself from the idea this production had anything to do with Classic Magnum(it has been 40 years), my deep resentment disappeared and I
accepted it as - for me - passable entertainment for Friday nights. I have to admit it is even pretty good at times.
I hope it continues to improve. Jin the Grifter was a fine addition as a semi regular, the look on his face when Higgins was chosen over him for the
tug of war team was very funny.
Whatever fitness program Perdita is on, she should do ads promoting it, she makes J-Lo look like Mrs. Fred Ziffel by comparison.
I am hoping that a host of Higgin's half brothers and sisters show up eventually. Higgins from Australia, Kenya, Malaya, the Sioux nation,
even the Conch Republic.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Laohu »

Hi Dobie ,
I am glad you can finally enjoy the show . If you go back and watch the episodes that Lenkov made with a fresh Perspective I think you will find you enjoy them more then you think . I did a rewatch of season one and the things that bothered me did not seem as bad as I remembered. I do have to disagree with you about picking Jay . I think Jay was the perfect choice and he was just what was needed for the show to grow and succeed. Jay is not Tom and casting someone trying to be Tom and not Magnum would have been a huge mistake . Jay’s take Magnum is different then Tom’s but i think he does a very consistent job with his acting .i think we need to see more of Jay taking the lead on things and working alone or with guest stars .
As far as a know Jay has had producer credits all this season . I would expect in the seasons to come we will see members of the cast try there hand at directing .