Season 4 Episode 13: Judge Me Not (4.13)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

Perfect
50%
One of the Best
No votes
Excellent
No votes
Very Good
No votes
Pretty Good
25%
Decent
No votes
Average at Best
No votes
Not So Good
No votes
Pretty Bad
25%
Just Awful
No votes
Refuse to Watch
No votes

Total votes: 4

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 4 Episode 13: Judge Me Not (4.13)

#1 Post by KENJI »

When Hawaii Supreme Court nominee Judge Rachel Park is being blackmailed, she hires Magnum and Higgins who go to extraordinary lengths to help her out.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 4 Episode 13: Judge Me Not (4.13)

#2 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

KENJI wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:22 pm When Hawaii Supreme Court nominee Judge Rachel Park is being blackmailed, she hires Magnum and Higgins who go to extraordinary lengths to help her out.
Pretty good episode. Strikingly beautiful guest star Maya Stojan hits a home run as "Maya the Fixer". She stole every scene she was in
merely by standing there, the camera loves her. Having never heard of Maya before, I looked her up.
I was shocked to see she is Swiss, not a trace of an accent. She looks like she could be from the islands.

What's Wrong With This Picture Department:
Magnum and Higgins are arrested and booked. When they are stood next to the wall to measure their height for the mug shot, Jay clocks
in at 6' 2" and Perdita 5' 8".

Right. And I am the greatest swordsman in all of France.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The world is a book. And those who do not travel read only one page."
...St. Augustine
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Laohu »

A very good episode . Maybe the best of the year ? No big gun fights no over the top chases just good story telling . Once again I think not just are main cast and supporting cast delivers but the casting agent hit it out of the park with guest actors Moon Bloodgood and Maya Stojan . It really looks like Maya could be a great reoccurring character and a thorn in the side of Magnum in the many seasons to come . Great job this week , looking forward to the next episode.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Laohu wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:15 pm A very good episode . Maybe the best of the year ? No big gun fights no over the top chases just good story telling . Once again I think not just are main cast and supporting cast delivers but the casting agent hit it out of the park with guest actors Moon Bloodgood and Maya Stojan . It really looks like Maya could be a great reoccurring character and a thorn in the side of Magnum in the many seasons to come . Great job this week , looking forward to the next episode.
Laohu,
You wrote "looks like Maya could be a great reoccurring character ".
I think you are on spot on because it didn't really make sense for her to suddenly get a "Get Out of Jail Free" card, it was
unsatisfactory in terms of this particular show's pay off. But as she must have killed in the daily rushes, the producers knew they
had a good thing and cobbled together an ending where she could come back.
You mention the casting getting better and that got me thinking. Over the previous seasons can you offhandedly recall truly memorable guest stars who really made an impression?
And I don't mean that stench in the nostrils of honest actors, that utter zero who played Luther Gillis, a case of lousy casting meeting lousy writing and ending in a crappola festival.
A pox on him and all his kith and kin. Finally I have forgotten his name and what he even looked like.
Yeeccch.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by LZeitgeist »

What's so funny to me is everything you just said about the new Luther Gillis is exactly what I felt about the original Luther Gillis, so I guess they hit that bullseye pretty squarely.

Thought this episode was awesome. This season is some seriously good TV.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Laohu »

I can think of a lot of guest stars that have done a memorable job . Give you 4 off the top of my head
Broke Lyons
Carl weathers
Ben Vereen
Lyrica Okano

And will give you a 5 th as a bonus just for playing , Fan favorite Bobby Lee .