No votes
Refuse to Watch
14%

Total votes: 7

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 4 Episode 3: Texas Wedge (4.3)

#1 Post by KENJI »

Magnum, Higgins and Rick go undercover at a ritzy country club when a young caddie is fired after being accused of stealing a member's golf clubs.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 4 Episode 3: Texas Wedge (4.3)

#2 Post by Laohu »

A nice simple episode that got the Higgins story arc for season 4 right out of the way to start with so we could get to the episode of the week . This episode had no over the top gun battles and we got to she the all important scene of Rick at work at the end . We also got a more subdued appearance from Jin this time out as well . I like the direction that each of the characters are taken this season so far . The cast seems to be growing the season with T.C. Hiring a new employee to work at the bar and Magnum having a new girlfriend , I do worry that there is not enough screen time for them all .

Vxc961
Lieutenant

#3 Post by Vxc961 »

Not epic, but I liked it! I quit watching in season 1, so I’m missing some things.

Higgins and magnum were fun together. Rick and TC gat decent screen time. I liked the scenery (wish I was good enough to know where the golf course was!)

Overall, the episode was enough fun that I could suspend my disbelief at some of the more ridiculous aspects of this caper.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KENJI »

Vxc961 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:05 am Not epic, but I liked it! I quit watching in season 1, so I’m missing some things.

Higgins and magnum were fun together. Rick and TC gat decent screen time. I liked the scenery (wish I was good enough to know where the golf course was!)

Overall, the episode was enough fun that I could suspend my disbelief at some of the more ridiculous aspects of this caper.
Hi Vxc061,

The golf course is the very challenging Ko'olau Golf Club.
Last I heard it was permanently closed which would've made filming there convenient.
It has changed hands a few times from foreign to local ownership.....time will tell what happens with it. I think a church owns it or did own it...not sure if they have since sold it.

Morganwerk
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#5 Post by Morganwerk »

Had a chuckle over the Rolex conversation.

Vxc961
Lieutenant

#6 Post by Vxc961 »

Thanks Kenji!

I spent six weeks on Oahu during a RIMPAC exercise, which was just long enough for me to kind of get to know the island. A big part of the fun of MPI is seeing, and figuring out the locations!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by KENJI »

Vxc961 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 am Thanks Kenji!

I spent six weeks on Oahu during a RIMPAC exercise, which was just long enough for me to kind of get to know the island. A big part of the fun of MPI is seeing, and figuring out the locations!
My pleasure Vxc961!
I agree, always fun figuring out the locations!
Six weeks on Oahu - NICE!!!