Refuse to Watch
14%

Total votes: 7

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 3 Episode 16: Bloodline (3.16)

#1 Post by KENJI »

Just a title at this point.
Last edited by KENJI on Fri May 07, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 3 Episode 16: Bloodline (3.16)

#2 Post by KENJI »

This could be the turning point with Ethan....time will tell.

7 May 2021

Magnum and Higgins work a stalking case involving a man with a past in espionage. Ethan asks Higgins to join him on an extended trip for Doctors Without Borders just as Magnum starts to open up to other possibilities.

Gearhard
Lieutenant Commander

#3 Post by Gearhard »

Is this the season ender?

Take a drink of your Pina Colada/Mai Tai whenever any of these are mentioned:
- Richard
- Viper
- MI-6
- The lads
- " ...when Rick, TC, and I were being held prisoner,
..."
- White SUV
- Stalker
- White Knight
- Arms Supplier
- " ...we were on a mission..."
- "...we should/shouldn't call Gordy"
- " we've been in tougher spots"

And a side shot on any bonus mention of
- Jin
- Luther Gillis

Just put these lines in a shaker and let the story write itself.
Dr Ethan = bad guy = tragic downfall

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Laohu »

This will be the season finale will this be the last we see of Ethan ? Will he leave with doctors without Boarders never to return ?

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Laohu »

Looks like Jin is back for the season finale tonight.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Laohu wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:15 pm Image
My eyes, my eyes, make it stop!

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Laohu wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:17 am This will be the season finale will this be the last we see of Ethan ? Will he leave with doctors without Boarders never to return ?
Laohu,
I got a sawbuck that says Ethan is a spy/bad guy/mole(as many others here have speculated) or even a Taliban agent going after Magnum for his past activities. There are holes in these story lines,
Higgins would never have revealed her Intel background to Robbin in the first place, much less Magnum who would have alerted the FBI as was his duty, much less Ethan who has no need to know. She is
a trained pro, she would have come up with another story as to how her previous love had died. For that matter somebody like her very likely is not fully "retired" in any sense of the word.
Ethan is a boring turd in any event, good riddance. The fire fight in this one actually made some sense for once.
I will say it again, this series isn't in any way as good as Classic Magnum, but since Levkov was exiled it is decent friday night fare, especially if you can forget about the original Magnum for an hour.
Plus I always enjoy checking out Hawaii.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Laohu »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:24 am
[/quote
To quote Jin ‘Don’t be Jelly “ lol

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Laohu »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:48 am
Laohu wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:17 am This will be the season finale will this be the last we see of Ethan ? Will he leave with doctors without Boarders never to return ?
Laohu,
I got a sawbuck that says Ethan is a spy/bad guy/mole(as many others here have speculated) or even a Taliban agent going after Magnum for his past activities. There are holes in these story lines,
Higgins would never have revealed her Intel background to Robbin in the first place, much less Magnum who would have alerted the FBI as was his duty, much less Ethan who has no need to know. She is
a trained pro, she would have come up with another story as to how her previous love had died. For that matter somebody like her very likely is not fully "retired" in any sense of the word.
Ethan is a boring turd in any event, good riddance. The fire fight in this one actually made some sense for once.
I will say it again, this series isn't in any way as good as Classic Magnum, but since Levkov was exiled it is decent friday night fare, especially if you can forget about the original Magnum for an hour.
Plus I always enjoy checking out Hawaii.
Dobie
I am in the camp of Ethan is a plot device to give the writers a excuse to keep Higgins and Magnum apart .
I really would be out of the Ethan is a spy /bad guy camp except for the nugget they dropped when Kumu did the back ground check . I think Magnum might look at that and make a connection when Higgins is away . I really would like Higgins to stay with Ethan because after that they seem to be moving towards Magnum and Higgins getting together which will start the series heading toward the end . Who knows when Higgins is away maybe magnum will find a love interest of his own .

I do like the fact that this episode brought back Chloe . It was a nice touch seeing a minor character brought back instead of just having a random new character hire them . I thought all of the cast did ok with the acting but I still think the writers take the lazy way out with the gun battles . I guess I can’t argue to much with the Gun battles Hawaii 50 got ten years with having one every week .

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Laohu wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:40 am
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:24 am
[/quote
To quote Jin ‘Don’t be Jelly “ lol
Laohu,
Now you are just stirring the possum. To make amends, perhaps you might share a pic with more allure, say one with Juliette Higgins? Now that I think about it,
it's odd the producers never had her doing any cheesecake shots for the entire series to date. Times have sure changed since Classic Magnum debuted.

Gearhard
Lieutenant Commander

#11 Post by Gearhard »

I think this episode would be fine as a mid-season plot, but as a season-ending cliff hanger, it sticks on the bottom of my shoe like a piece of old discarded bubblegum ( as old Luther Gillis might say).

Extra points for including Jin for comic relief. Magnum did mention the "stalker" again, so that story line is not dead, but we haven't advanced it at all this season. We did get a mention of MI-6 and I think Richard was mentioned. And of course " the lads" had a scene.

So what is the cliff hanger? They could have added one more scene where Higgins learns something about Ethan's past in the Doctors without Borders camp. Magnum could have asked Kumoo for some background on Ethan. Or Gordy could have dug up an address on the white SUV stalker rental that matched Ethan's address.

And why does Gordy always show up to a gun fight alone?

I enjoy the show and I enjoy the scenes from Oahu. I was stationed there in the early 80's and have been back several times for work/vacation . I paused on an over head shot the other night and pointed out the state capital building to my family (and Iolani Palace would be over here, Kamahameha statue over there, Aloha Tower around the corner, and Nico's restaurant in the back on the harbor... )

Still IF Dr. Ethan = Bad Guy, THEN Epic fall from grace is coming.

Aloha,

Glenn

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Laohu »

Hi Gearhard ,
The writers have said that they did not think they could do a satisfactory way to do a good cliffhanger with the shortened season . So with that in mind they figured out how they wanted to start season 4 and worked backwards .

Gordy always shows up alone to gun fights do to covid restrictions.

I am interested to see which way they go with Ethan , to make him a big bad guy with a plot in mind the whole time seems to be full of plot holes to me . I would be very surprised to see him around by the end of season 4 .

jno
Captain

#13 Post by jno »

I enjoyed this final episode.

Agree with comments above on Ethan - his card is more than marked and if he goes the distance it'll be a miracle.

I also agree it would be incredibly naff if he turned out to be a bad guy - my money is on him being shot in some crossfire somewhere.

What I really want to know is, are we likely to a see any new H50 characters turn up in season 4? If I'm brutally honest, if I compare new H50 to new Magnum, H50 wins for me, solely on banter and action. I'd love to see some of the old (new!) H50 team turn up on Magnum. I mean, if Magnum is IN with the team, surely he'd call up his buddies in Five-O to bail him out of any serious aggro?

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

jno wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:26 pm If I'm brutally honest, if I compare new H50 to new Magnum, H50 wins for me, solely on banter and action.
If I'm brutally honest I'd actually go with the Magnum reboot over H50. I think both suck but at least MPI is lighter on the stupid OTT CGI action. I don't need to see CGI cruise missiles flying through Honolulu or passenger jets landing on Kalakaua Ave. (seriously?????) or fake McGarrett scaling high-rises just using his hands and feet like he's Spiderman. Raging gun-battles in the middle of crowded streets??? The show reached new levels of absurdity! McGarrett and Wo Fat brothers???? The stupid car-guments between McG and Danno???? UGGH!!! :x The pointless soap opera subplots??? I could go on but what's the point? Actually a lot of this same crap plagues the MPI reboot too but that's the Lenkov effect for ya.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

IvanTheTerrible wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:25 pm
jno wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:26 pm If I'm brutally honest, if I compare new H50 to new Magnum, H50 wins for me, solely on banter and action.
If I'm brutally honest I'd actually go with the Magnum reboot over H50. I think both suck but at least MPI is lighter on the stupid OTT CGI action. I don't need to see CGI cruise missiles flying through Honolulu or passenger jets landing on Kalakaua Ave. (seriously?????) or fake McGarrett scaling high-rises just using his hands and feet like he's Spiderman. Raging gun-battles in the middle of crowded streets??? The show reached new levels of absurdity! McGarrett and Wo Fat brothers???? The stupid car-guments between McG and Danno???? UGGH!!! :x The pointless soap opera subplots??? I could go on but what's the point? Actually a lot of this same crap plagues the MPI reboot too but that's the Lenkov effect for ya.
Holy crap, I am glad I stopped watching H50 and missed most of this insanity. Alright Ivan, come clean, you had a few too many brews and you only thought Wo Fat and McGarrett were
shown to be brothers!!!
I am speechless at the utter stupidity of the writers under Lenkov! The Magnum reboot has in fact improved since he was banished, I hardly ever throw my shoe at the screen
anymore at firefights that expend more bullets in 5 minutes than the Battle of the Bulge. It's cartoon violence.
To quote combat veteran Lee Marvin on people attacking him for insisting screen violence be as graphic and awful as the censors would allow:
"It is what it is. Anything less is farce."
As an antidote to Lenkovism, catch the original Spenser For Hire. A great series.